Sunday, August 31, 2008

Luke and Riley's first day of school

First day of first grade. You can tell my boy is getting older. He played it cool. He didn't really show much excitement. When we picked him up he didn't give too many details. I didn't realize it started so young! As the week went on I got a few more details out of him. We don't get to meet his teacher till Sept. 10th so I'm excited to get some info from her.

We found out on Wednesday that Riley got accepted into the Pre-K program at the same school as Luke. She was super excited and thought it was all day. She starts when Luke does at 8:10 and gets out at 10:45. (Yes it is crazy madness in this house to get all of us out the door by 8 am) She thinks it's so cool that they eat breakfast as part of their day. I didn't find out till Wednesday that she needed uniforms and was to start on Thursday. Luckily we could find a few for her. If you know Riley in the morning, having no option of what to wear and not having to do breakfast sure makes it easier.


You wonder what Chloe, Cole and I do while the two of them are gone. Friday while Cole slept, Chloe had marshmallows and watched Diego and Sesame Street. She likes picking what is on the TV. I actually got a little house work done.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a great time at school, that stinks that you had to hurry and find a uniform for Riley, but at least you got it covered. Boys are boys.. too bad they start at sucha young age.. :)

Kara said...

I just said to Amanda the other day,"What's up with Missy she hasn't posted in forever!?!" I missed looking at your blog so I'm glad you're back. I'm a dork huh? Cute pics!!!

Sheri said...

It must be alot more quiet in your house now. Oh yeah Chloe is still there, ha ha. Morgan would be jealous about the breakfast thing, she always asks if she can eat breakfast at school.

Melody said...

o, the kids are great and I am sure you love having only two at home for a little bit but here's my real question... How do your kids react to you doing there hair? Mine used to be soo cool until recently and their hair is so long they fight me every step of the way! I was thinking that because you had all kids dressed, hair done and out the door to be at school by 8 am! You are awesome I would have only dressed the older two and left the younger two in pjs!~

The Foulgers said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to! Wow, down to 2 kids at home in the morning, that is heaven! But getting them out the door by 8 sounds like a nightmare! If anyone can handle it, it's you!

Nicole said...

i like how chloe gets to pick out what to watch on tv, kacey likes that too... usually kylie overrules her, and usually matthew overrules kylie... why people just can't go to separate tv's i don't know!?? :)