Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crazy busy week

Doesn't it seem like you get through one busy week just to start another one? That is how I have been feeling lately. I always think, if I can just get through this week... Well, I think this coming week will be much better, I hope. We have our California trip to look forward too on Friday. We will be hittin up the beach, spending lots of time with cousins and of course, Darren and I will be running 13.1 miles in the Orange County half marathon!!

I have been really bad with taking pictures because of the craziness, but I did manage to snap one of the nakey boy! He is nearly impossible to dress these days.
Who doesn't love a chunky naked baby?

Here's an update on my nasty runners toe nails. The left one finally fell off and is growing back, and now the right one is purple and working its way off. Luckily, they don't hurt very much anymore. It's my knees and shins that are so sore all the time. We did a 10 mile run last night that put my thighs through torture. The wind was ridiculous, but gosh, it felt so good to complete! A huge accomplishment for me. Darren too, but he kicks my butt every time. I'm proud of him, but it's just not as hard for him.

-Riley has been quite popular and had 2 different parties this week alone. Not to mention, the other 3 we have had in the last month!
-There was a fire a couple doors down from the kids' school on Thursday. It was quite scary when I went to pick Luke up and a helicopter was circling the school and roads were blocked off all over the place. Glad no one was hurt.

Won't bore you with all the ins and outs of the week. Now off to fold the piles and piles of clean laundry!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Tianna said...

You go girl. Good luck this weekend with your run. I can't say I wish I was in your place. I know when it's all over you will feel amazing for reaching your goal. Someday I might run one. I think I need to just pick one and commit to doing it. Have fun at the beach, I sure miss that place.

Cherise said...

Your toe nails are sick! I was trying to eat my breakfast while reading your blog, but now that is ruined!!!hahaha
We are so excited to see you guys!Marcos woke up today and asked when you guys would be here. I told him on Friday night and he just walked away.

Mandi Roth said...

Good Luck girl on the race!! You'll do great!That toe looks gross. haha! Glad it's feeling better. Cole is too cute. :)

Melody said...

Good Luck with your run!! You'll totally kick BOOTY!

Amber and Co. said...

Okay, 10 miles?! That is crazy and awesome that you can run it! Good luck this weekend!

Nicole said...

cute naked baby... an OUCH, how you run is beyond me!

Carol Swift said...

Cute kid, ugly toe nails. I think you should send me that picture for my foot blog. :o)

The Foulgers said...

Good luck on your race! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kathleen Mecham said...

Cherise is wrong. Blogs are a place to post nasty gross things like ugly toenails, we are all friends and should be able to handle the hidden ugly features. Stay tuned to my blog for photos for pictures of my scars from sitting on a hot welding iron.