Friday, June 12, 2009

birthday boy

The day began with a little balloon playin'. The kid sure does love him some balloons.
The rest of the morning and afternoon were pretty uneventful. His friend Emmy did come and play so that her mom could do my hair.

The real fun began after dinner. I bought him his own little cake.
I wasn't sure how he would react. Luke wouldn't get dirty with his, but the girls did.



He wasn't too sure how to do it at first.


Now he's got it.

We couldn't believe how much he ate. There was not much that he missed. What a mess!!
Once we got him cleaned up, Grandma and some cousins came over with ice cream. He was ready for round two! I couldn't believe he actually went to sleep, I thought he would be wired, or sick from all the sugar.

5 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun Birthday!! I love how messy he got. Those are the best birthdays! :)

. said...

WOW! He looks cute - even covered in cake! The balloons made me think of the night at my parents - he had so much fun!

The Foulgers said...

I can't believe how much of that cake he ate! That had to be so much fun to watch!

Cherise said...

YOu are so lucky he likes to eat! Jealous. What a cutie he is! We might be coming down Friday morning?!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

Mitch said...

How long did it take to clean Cole, the kitchen, bathroom, and other frosted areas of the house?
Too funny!
Cole looks so much like your dad when he was that age. Awwh, a little "PA" is in that child!