Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of School

The long awaited day is finally here!! I think I may have been more excited than Luke and Riley have been.
The first day is always nice because I don't have to fight them out of bed, and they always get ready quickly.
Once again, my kids have started at a new school. Neither one of them seem to mind that they don't know anyone. Oh, to be young and be able to make friends like that again! We are very excited about the new school and new year, it's going to be a great one!

Chloe wasn't about to let them have a picture without them. She thought she was going to preschool today.

Riley-1st grade Luke-2nd grade
Yes, we decided to have Ry tested, and with the teachers and principal, we decided to let her skip Kinder and enter 1st grade with Mrs. Swinn. (my good friend Amanda)
Her classroom is so cool and I know Ry is going to have a great time. Plus, I will be able to get daily updates from Mrs. Swinn. :)

Who could've asked for a more beautiful teacher?

Here is Luke walking into the school with his class. He is at the age where he is too embarrassed to show any affection, or take a picture. His teacher is also great, and his class is pretty small. I know he will do great!

As we were walking back to the car, Chloe asked where Luke and Ry were. I guess she forgot what we were there for! She is loving being by herself right now though. (Cole is napping.) I am so happy to be back to a routine and schedule!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Nicole said...

DITTO! i love this whole routine and having schedules. kacey starts next week. it's really fun! and go ry for jumping to first grade!!!

Tianna said...

I wish Amanda was my teacher! So did you guys move again? If so where to? I love the watch. Still haven't had the time to sync it to my computer but I use the GPS to track my distance and the calorie counter. I will let you know what I think when I find time to work with my computer. I am still trying to set up the house- decorating wise and my parents come in two weeks to start remodeling the bathrooms.

The Foulgers said...

That is awesome that Rylie is in 1st grade, and that her teacher is one of your good friends! They look adorable for their new school year!

Sheri said...

The first thing Loryn asked for when we got home was Ariel. She actually got to watch the whole movie without anybody fighting her. It was real quite at our house this morning. I think Loryn is going to really like this.

Mikki said...

The first day of school holds so much promise doesn't it? Great pics. Congrats to Rylie! That's pretty cool!

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...

Riley and Jessica are so cute together! They were holding hands walking into school together this morning and walking out this afternoon!

Russell Family said...

Yay! She did half day preschool last year, right? I think letting her skip will be good, kinda scry to think of her as a first grader already though. :)

Mandi Roth said...

How fun!! I love that Amanda is everyone's teacher. haha! She is beautiful and will be a great teacher. Your kids are too cute. Enjoy your routine. :)