Monday, March 21, 2011

St. George Half Marathon

In January my friend Jessica told me about this race that her and Joann were planning on running(in a week and a half) They were making it a girls trip and staying at our friend Jana's house who has recently moved there. I hadn't really been training for anything, but it sounded like so much fun and D had just changed his schedule and would be home that weekend. So I got the OK from D, signed up and paid, and then oh yeah made sure I could run 10 miles that weekend. I had heard that this was great race to get a PR, so I was pretty excited.
We left Friday afternoon hoping to have enough time to play a little. Had plenty of time to get our race packets and got Jana and all had a carb filled dinner. Hit up Target afterwards to get any last minute items. We stayed up chatting way to late- that always happens before a race. It was just so fun to catch up though. That was when I realized I left my phone arm band at home. It actually fell out of my bag and I didn't know. We had to run to Target before the race even started. I hated paying full price for a new band too! It actually was really nice and I needed a new one, so it was all good.
It was pretty chilly so we stayed inside as long as possible before getting to the start line.



Jessica, me and Joann getting ready to run!
We weaseled our way to as close to the front as possible when they started us.
I was feeling good and the course was pretty good to start out.

We passed Jana's street early on in the race. She and her family were there to cheer us on and take a few pics. It was so cool to have someone cheering us on!
I was keeping great time. I had a few miles under 8 minutes even!!

Can you see me? Jana took this one from her parent's balcony. Cool huh?
I was a little skeptical about looping for a few miles at the end of the race. I hate running the same area I just was. It was also the most incline of the whole race as well.
But, it all worked out and I finished in 1:51!!!! I had slowed down a little towards the end so I was nervous, but couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the clock!!
I quickly found out that I exerted myself to the extreme. I almost fell over once I stopped, I needed food fast!!
They had a great spread for us, the best of any race I've ever done. This was also the cheapest race I've ever run.
I got to see Jessica finish but we missed Joann come in.. We hung out for a bit to see our official times.
We don't look too bad for just running 13.1 miles...
We went back to the house to shower and get pretty. Then went off to lunch and did some shopping at the outlet mall. We were tired and sore, but it was so nice to hang out without the kiddies. Got home around dinner time.
Found this at my door. Cute kids! D had the house clean and dinner ready for me! I call this weekend a complete success!!
Can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

Emilee said...

You should come run the Bryce Canyon run in July. There are tons of people that come for it, it's becoming a big race now. Jen ran it once and enjoyed it. It would give you guys a reason to come visit:)

The Foulgers said...

That is great that you were able to run it with those fun girls. I think it's awesome you were able to get your PR especilly with not much time to prepare- you rock!
Oh, you got my old calling, bless your heart. I loved that calling. It's a lot of work, but so rewarding!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh missy, YOU SMILE WHEN YOU RUN! hahaha, i'd be looking like death... not you, you smile. you're so awesome :) ... still logged in as matthew, but it's me.

Missy said...

matt-i mean nicole- hehe
i see a camera when i run and smile. i've learned you look retarted if you don't.

Missy said...

oh and emilee- i may look into that race. sounds like fun! july is a hard time to race though- training in the summer in vegas sucks!!

Jana Pace said...

SUch a fun weekend! Come again soon. Too bad I didn't stand at the top of the hill where Adam was, probably would have gotten some great smiles there!

Kata said...

YOu're blogging your head off! Its so good to see all the adventures you've been on!