Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm back from camp!

I really had a great time at girls camp. It's funny how different it is to go as an adult versus a youth. I had some really great spiritual experiences and of course some fun times too. It was tough to leave the kids, but I'm so glad I went. The closer I got to home today, the faster I drove. I seriously sprinted into the house. Luke and Ry were excited and Chloe just sat and stared at me for a minute and then came to me. The haven't really let me out of their site. It's nice to have a little break sometimes. But I really don't think I will be leaving them like that for a while. Thanks to Darren, Aunt Heather and Nama for their help so that I could be there all week. It was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about it. So here's a few pics...


The 2nd year hike. I was suprised at what a tough hike it was. I was a little sore from it the next day. I was so proud of the girls. This is us at the top of the mountain, I think it was called Cathedral Rock.

Kata and me. (She's the awesome YW president) We had a good time goofin' off the girls. I've discovered though that I can't keep up with them. Kata could though!

My cute niece Addison. She and her mom were at the campsite across the way from us. It was nice to have some family there.

Our cute little visitor. One afternoon the girls were doing stake activites and a few of us were sitting outside and we had a chipmunk invasion. It was so fun to see them sneak up on our tables.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had fun at camp, but I bet you were happy to get home and sleep in your own bed.

jamie carter said...

I used to love going to girls camp. Looks like you had a good time.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad your home!!! I wanted to suprise you with the blog! I go back to work on Wednesday! I was sad we had to miss the princess party. We definitely need to get together soon!!!

Heather said...

I remember camp in the old 44th ward. Thats the last time I've been to girls camp. So shhhh.. don't tell anyone but I've been avoiding it ever since.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

Hey Missy... looks like a fun time. i'm always jealous of those of you who get to go to girls camp.

hey we are going to Leids -this monday 10:00am.. are you free?

Sheri said...

Well I am just glad you made it alive. I was a little worried about your hair messing up.Also your clothes were a bit wrinkly.HA HA. I wish I could have went,I know I would have had a blast with all of you.

jamie carter said...

What's taking Darren so long to post the pictures from today? I thought he would be the first one for sure.

Kata said...

I am feeling the late nights and bad eating habbits! Camp rocked! IT was so fun to be up there with you. You are such a great friend and Leader! You're the best!