Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ettiquette dinner



Tonight was the etiquette dinner we've all been stressing about. There just wasn't enough hours in the day today to get everything together. We all ran around like chickens with their heads cut off in order to get it all set up and ready. To start we went over a few rules of ettiquette and gave a little quiz. Each youth got 10 pennies to start with at the beginning and whenever they saw someone doing something unacceptable they could take a penny from them. A few of the leaders walked around and took pennies for elbows on the table. During dinner we showed a dating etiquette video that the Laurels had made which was hilarious. Afterwards was dessert. To tie in the pennies, we charged for each item, and their was a lot to choose from. Overall, the evening went well and we had a lot of fun!


Just a few of our awesome young men and women.


The dessert table. The picture really doesn't do it justice.

Most of the young women leaders. Kind of a sad photo, it's the last before we get released.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jamie carter said...

What a fun idea.
That dessert table looks yummy.

Jilene said...

did everyone get released? are they redoing the ward? congrats. it looks like it was a fun night!

jodie@eighteen25 said...

Looks like you did a great job. Now you can have a sigh of relief!

Missy said...

We will be getting released soon. We did get a new bishopric though. Bishop Stimson, Bro. Mc Mullin and Bro Dean. I hope they let me stay in, I love this calling and the girls sooo much!

Sheri said...

Well it seemes like the night was a hit.The yw/ym said they enjoyed it. I think maybe I will use the penny idea at home with my kids and treats.It worked great and my kids love to pay for things. It has been alot of fun being part of yw. I will be sad to go.

Kata said...

So cute! i am glad that we have the same pics! You are such a great leader! This was your night, thanks for planning everything- and carrying it all out! I love serving with you!

Heather said...

Hey Missy ~ my nephew is on your blog, J. Lemmon. I didn't even reconize him until Deb & Rick told me that was him. I also ran into Rochelle tonight @ a family BBQ. Went to High School together. Small World, huh!

Amanda said...

Missy you are a total hottie!!!