Sunday, December 16, 2007

Look who can write her own name!


Here's the funny thing, I really haven't worked on this with her. I learned from when Luke was her age. I forced it down his throat before he was ready and we would sit forever getting it " just right". So, I've totally waited for her to want to do it. Tonight we were finishing up her homework and practicing some letters and I asked her if she wanted to write her name. I guess I caught her on a good night! She needs a little help with the "e", but hey, not bad huh? Riley, we are so proud of you!! (She wanted me to post a picture on the computer, funny how even my kids are into blogging.)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mandi A. said...

What school do you have her in? I just put AL on the waiting list and it's 6mo to a year! I guess I should have just added Ellie too. I think I am going to look into some homeschool curriculums (I have no idea how to spell that!) so I can work with her meanwhile.

Great job Riley, that is awesome!!!

Cherise said...

Oh, my little Riley Roo is sooo big!.... Wait aren't they suppose to be able to write their own name at 16? Heehee!!!
YOU ARE SO SMART RILEY!

Nicole said...

awww, that's cute! kylie struggles with her 'e' too. hers looks like a o with a line in the center.

jamie carter said...

Good job. That e looks pretty good to me.

Sheri said...

I always loved when they draw therir first people.Where the arms and legs come out of the head.Tell Riley good job!

Amanda said...

That is so good! Nice job Riley. I'm very impressed. I would say she writes as good as a couple of my first graders!!!

Rachel said...

Hey sorry to bug you again but I wasn't sure if you got my last post. Can you get us Chris's e-mail address? Just post it on my blog. Thanks a bunch!

Michelle said...

I love the way little kids writing looks. That's good that she knows to write her name with a capital letter and the rest lowercase. So many of my Kindergarteners wrote their names in all caps at the beginning of the year then I had to retrain them.

Mitch said...

I'll have to show you a sample of what my sixth graders are able to produce....such a subtle difference!