Sunday, January 27, 2008

A pretty rotten start to the day

Yes, that is my car without a rear window folks! We were trying to head out the door this morning to go to Bentley Swinn's blessing. Darren had opened the window to load our stuff into it, and I didn't know and opened the garage door. The window was completely torn off. All three kids were buckled and ready to go too. It was an awful noise! It was one of those moments that you see happening and there is nothing you can do about it! After the shock wore off we quickly moved all the car seats and tried to sweep up a bit so we could get on the road. We missed the blessing by about 5 minutes! Totally stinks!! We did get to go to the Swinn's afterwards and had a good time. The repair people are coming to fix it tomorrow, so that is good. I just hate wasting money like this though!


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Urry Family said...

K-Girl I know that sucks. We had a week like that. Ryan backed into a truck in the church parking lot, it was $1400 worth of damage. So we claimed it on the insurance, paid the $500 deductible, and then paid $500 more to fix the front fender that got dented in by construction work on the I-15 that the construction company would not pay for. This all happened the week of Ryan's graduation when his family was coming, and I had to fork out over $1000 so my car would look normal again, doors would open and all the lights would turn on. You just cringe the whole time. I know it sucks, but I guess it helps humble us more. I would be ok without humbling experiences that cost so much though. I feel your pain. On a better note, I am going to U23D on Feb. 15. YEAH!

. said...

Total bummer...you covered up your recent stress very well when I saw you yesterday!!!

jodie@eighteen25 said...

too bad it wasn't just the garage door...now THAT we could fix!

Sarah Goodsell said...

That sucks, but I had another friend who did that a few months ago. Didn't know it was so common:)

Michelle said...

That's too bad about your window... the cost and inconvience of it. Hopefully we won't make the same mistake with our mini van and garage door. I know we've come close.

Nicole said...

uck. my cousin did the same thing with her minivan if it makes you feel any better. is it getting fixed pretty soon or do you need me to take riley to preschool this week?

Nicole said...

good! glad to hear it's all fixed.

and hey, thanks for asking... i feel 100% miserable. :) i don't do pregnancy very well. why should this one be any different?!?

jamie carter said...

Oh No.
That stinks. We were rear ended once and our back window broke. That is a pretty scary noise.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Where in the H E double hockey sticks have you been?! Or, do I just keep missing you?lol I have your Bumbo chair. I should just bring it to your house but I keep thinking I can find you at church. Also, I need to know your DUE date. Our Pregnancy numbers are GROWING! I'm blog challanged so I don't know if you can respond to this or not. So, you just may need to call me;) 641-3562

Rachel said...

Oh you poor girl! I would have died, but first cried cause my hubby probably woulda freaked.

Kata said...

Tragic!! Reminds me of the time I thought I had waited until the garage door was totally open before backing out... and I bent it totally out of place. Collin was out of town- Andrew Meeks to the rescue... I know the feeling!!!