Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dinner

I was planning on being at Jodie's recipe swap tonight, but instead I'm home sick. I even had everything all ready to go! I figured we would still have it for dinner and I would just post the recipe for those of you who would like it. Hope you enjoy!

Chicken Enchiladas


15-20 corn tortillas
3 chicken breasts
lrg. can cream of chicken soup
med. container sour cream
jar of sliced jalapenos ( don't use whole jar)
about 1/2 cup milk
1 pkg. taco seasoning
shredded cheese ( fiesta blend)

-cook and shred chicken, mix taco seasoning into it
-cook tortillas on vegetable oil coated pan
-mix cream of chicken, sour cream, jalapenos and milk (use your desired amount of jalapenos and juice)
-line bottom of 9 x 13 pan with sauce
-roll tortillas with cheese and chicken, line on dish
-Top with remainder of sauce and cheese
-bake for about 20 - 25 min at 350 degrees

**Before mixing the jalapenos in, I make a seperate dish for my kids without them. They're weinees!
* We had spanish rice and refried beans to go with tonight. One of my kids favorite dishes!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Jen@eighteen25 said...

looks yummy missy... we missed you.

Mandi A. said...

yum! I might try those tomorrow night. Sorry you couldn't go, I was looking forward to seeing you, so we could set up a play date at the park ;o)

Heather said...

wow....looks so good!!

jamie carter said...

hope you're feeling better. we missed you (and your enchiladas).

Anonymous said...

your making me hungry... at 9 am!! Hope you are feeling better!

Urry Family said...

looks yummy. My husband loves your enchiladas with the jalapenos. Hope you are feeling better!

Nicole said...

Yum it looks so good. I'm always looking for new things to make for dinner. Thanks for the recipe I will have to try it out.

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting that. Sorry you couldn't make it last night. All the food was so good!

Michelle said...

Those look yummy!! Mexican is my favorite. Too bad you couldn't come...hope you are feeling better:)

Cherine said...

Yummy! Sorry you are sick. Get feeling better. It is no fun being sick and having to take care of kids!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Missy-Those look yummy! Looks like you guys had fun at Disneyland! Soory to hear you are sick-it seems to be going around right now-I sure hope we don't get anything for Hannah's sake. When you get feeling better give us a call and maybe you guys can all come out before Wade has to go back to work.

Nicole said...

yummy! ... is it a cold or just the joys of pregnancy? (i feel like this pregnancy is going to kill me.)

Mandi A. said...

Can you go on wed next week? The only other day I can go is Monday because of the girls' classes and Brians surgery. I checked the weather and its supposed to be sunny that day ;o)

Sheri said...

Your blog makes me gain weight looking at it. It all looks so yummy. I hope you start feeling better soon!