Saturday, February 2, 2008

Full heart

My heart is full this afternoon after watching President Hinckley's funeral. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have been alive at the same time as this wonderful "giant" , as President Monson referred to him. I learned so much about him today through the talks that were given. He was such a strong willed man who was always postive and never gave up. He is such an example to me and I will try to live up to his expectations of us.

We had a rough week this week, and this is just what I needed to get me out of my "funk" and remember that all things happen for a reason, and we are watched over and blessed by our Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I have of it.

I found this on my friend Heather's blog. http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/ We are going to do it, and I hope all of you reading this will too.

6 comments:

Cherine said...

It was a very nice funeral. I appreciated your comments. He was such a great leader who will be forever loved and revered! We are so blessed in this gospel and I look forward to the furture!

Sheri said...

He will surely be missed, but can you even imagine the welcome he must have gotten. I am grateful to know that I will be able to see him again someday. Thanks for coming to Morgan's baptism, it meant alot to me.What a great ending to a good day.

Mandi A. said...

Can't take you up on that specific challenge since Im not LDS, but I am trying to read the Bible in a year...I thought that was hard ;o)
Great blog, its nice to see a family strong in their faith.

Mitch said...

Hi,
Thank you for the website reference to President Hinckley's Challenge. I signed up to take the challenge, my goal is to start reading the Book of Mormon today with my prescribed 5.42 pages (well...6 pages) and finish on or before May 11,2008. Thank you for putting the info. in your blog. Missionary work can be done in many different ways.
Love ya!
Jack (as in Mormon!)

MC Lewis said...

Hey if you would really prefer to see Dr. Adashek I could talk to him and see if he would be able to. With him it's getting harder to get in to see him unless you know him, specifically ask for him etc. I have met some of his other Dr.s and they are all really good or he wouldnt even consider having them in his practice. Let me know though, I mean I cant promise anything, but I work for him, plus I have known him for a while, so I can see what I can do. It;s up to you.

Mandi A. said...

oh my gosh - totally not offended! I am actually trying to find a bible study podcast that I like, to get me threw the whole thing in a year...but I cant find one where I like the voice! Just reading for now - The Old Testament is the hardest for me though (faith wise) so I think I am going to skip to the new ;O)