Thursday, April 17, 2008

This week

I haven't been too good at blogging again this week. I think my camera is just too big to take with me everywhere. Here's what we've been up to...

Sunday: After church and an awesome nap, we had dinner at the Mecham's house. Late to bed.
Monday: No school for Luke, so he went to play b-ball with Darren. Ry had school. Chloe and I cleaned up and got ready. Met the boys and Brad and Britt at Costco for lunch and some shopping. This has been a new habit. It's a pretty good lunch, and CHEAP! Darren went in for some OT that night.
Tuesday: The girls and I met Jodie, Jamie and kids at Chuck E Cheese. We had a great time. Chloe was pretty exhausted when we got home. Grandma took Luke to Mc Donald's after school so he didn't feel left out. Hung out as a family tonight.
Wednesday: Darren went to spin with me today for the first time. It was pretty funny. Made me feel like I'm still in good shape. He was a good sport, it's not fun the first time! Went visiting teaching. Met Matt and Jodie at Cheesecake for dinner. Then met Brad and Britt to see 21. It was pretty good. Another late night though.

So, this was last night before we left for dinner. Luke's tooth has been loose for a while now. I'm the only one who will wiggle it. I was ready to yank it out last night. Well, the slippery little thing won't come out. It's seriously hanging on by a thread! We even had him eat an apple when we left. I thought he might swallow it in the night. We have dental appts. today, so I bet it will be out before we leave the office.


I know this has been a long post, just one more thing. Most of you know about our move that is coming up in just under 2 weeks. This is for those of you I haven't seen or talked to yet. Yes, we are leaving, and I am pretty dang sad about it. I haven't really talked much about it, I think it's my way of making it not real. We have an opportunity to save about $1100 a month with where we are going. It is in the GHETTO, but we can't pass up on the opportunity. We've come to terms that we will never own a house if we stay here and keep paying rent. I know we are and will be blessed for going. It's just not been an easy couple of weeks for me. Besides being prego and emotional, I have just really become attached to our surroundings and to our friends and ward out here. Ry won't be able to go to Mrs. Tate's next year and Luke will have to switch big time too. He will be going to all day kindergarten for the month of May. 7 1/2 hrs! He only goes 2 1/2 now. I'm of course scared and worried about this, he seems to be OK with it. I love how flexible my kids are. Darren is hoping to go to days in order to be home with me at nights. (Like I said, we'll be in the ghetto.) I've really been dragging my feet, I haven't packed at all yet! Just writing this has made me pretty emotional, so I'm done. I just wanted, or maybe needed to get this off of my chest.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Mikki said...

Aw, Missy, I'm sorry to hear you'll be moving away. I just can't imagine trying to pack up a house and move while being pregnant. Good luck to you guys. I just told Haley that Luke is going to be moving. She goes "Aaww, he's kind of my friend."

Nicole said...

Missy, we are going to miss you guys! I was so sad when I heard your moving, but it sounds like it is really good thing for your family. You will still have to come hang out with us. If you need help with anything let me know!

Jana Pace said...

You know you can come VT me anytime! We'll miss you guys & I'm sure we'll keep talking about Chloe' (the girl, of course).

The Bechtol Family said...

hey missy.....do you need any help with the kids being watched?? i'm only 5 minutes from your house. and i only have dakota in the mornings. i'd love to help. i love packing, cleaning and organizing. especially when it's someones elses house. i guess i was used to it growing up. anyways....i'd luv to help ya out if i can in anyway. where are you moving too? we rent a house too!! don't feel bad. it's better than renting an apartment though. we got lucky with the rent being under $1000 the last 3 years and now goin on our 4th year. well..... let me know what i can help ya with. by the way....i just pulled noah's 3rd tooth out last night. that's funny!!
se ya,
cortni :)

Nicole said...

i've been waiting for this post, and i think i was kinda hoping if you didn't post it and say anything about it, then it wouldn't happen and you guys would just stay here. we're going to miss your family terribly, i haven't thought of how to tell kylie about riley and preschool next year. and i'm going to not think about nursery w/o you and darren to love my kacey.

BUT, i think this is an awesome opportunity for you and your family!! and i really think that you will look back at this decision and realize it was a door opening for you and a great way to get to a goal of owning a house! call me to help and take a kid or two off your hands.

Mandi A. said...

So, where are you moving to? Maybe it'll be closer, and we can get together for play dates more often...

Tianna said...

It's never easy leaving somewhere when you feel so comfortable. It's hard starting over. Are you going to be in the 1st ward? That ward has been put with my parents for awhile since that building over there was condemned. So if you are we'll be in the same ward for awhile. If not we will hang out lots and swim to keep cool!

Jilene said...

where are you going and are you buying? I know how hard it is to move, but you are so friendly, you will adjust quickly. good luck with your move!

CA Cecils said...

So I am very curious!!! Where is the Ghetto? ...

jamie carter said...

the time that you'll be there will go by so quickly. just keep reminding yourself of how much you'll be saving each month. when you are ready to buy, jodie and i will help you find a house over by us.

. said...

Welcome back to the East Stake Missy. Now that you are so much closer we will have to get our kids together!!!

Wilcox Crew said...

Missy, I am so sorry you have to move, especially pregnant! If you need any help please let me know. We are still in the process of moving, but done enough I can watch your kids if you need me to. Just let me know.

Heather said...

The ghetto...it will be o.k. Just think, we all grew up over there and we turned out just fine, right? And my mom teaches all day kindergarten at Griffith (by the Meadows Mall) and I'm usually over there to help out 3x a wk. I just love the little kids. It almost like my moms their mom/grandma away from home during the day because it is such a long day for them. Luke will probably really like it. To bad he's not going to Griffith:)
It was good to see & visit with you guys last night.
Thanks goodness for blogs so we can always stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

Yes, where is the ghetto? Cause I live in the ghetto, I think! I mean I am east side... and that kinda explains it all. I know how you feel girl! oh and I know the preg-moving experience all too well. We always seem to move like twice when I am pregnant! Do you want me to come help you pack! I am a master at packing. Tony and I have moved seriously like 12 times since we have been married! Just remember to lock your doors and have the children in before the street lights go on! Just kiddin.. you will be fine and it will all work out. Just keep me in mind if you every need any help.

Missy said...

Not sure if any one is reading this, but thank you so much for your kind words of reassurance! You are all great friends!!

Kim said...

WHAT THE...??!! Ok so I'm sure it's good for you and your family and all but what about us? Just kidding, but I am sad and I will miss you. It's not like you're moving to another state or town for that matter. Well, I am happy that your little family is progressing and I love you to death!

Urry Family said...

I know it might be hard, but it will be a great blessing for you all. I know how hard it is to move when you do not want to. You can call and cry to me anytime. I wish I was closer and could come over and help you. I love ya girl!
BRITT

Cherine said...

Hey every kid needs a piece of ghetto I mean come on we all survived right!!! But seriously it will be okay and like you said you will be blessed. Darren is sweet to change his schedule to help out! Things will work out!!! =)

Brian and Melinda said...

Amanda told me you'll be moving into our old stomping grounds...the best part about that - LuvIt's!! OH, it'll be so worth it!