Thursday, June 12, 2008

HE"S HERE!!

Cole Starns Mecham
6/11/08 10:48 pm
6 lbs 5 oz 19 inches

It was decided after several hours at the hospital yesterday, that it was best for Cole and myself to be induced due to my BP. We got things started after a quick and pretty painless labor, here he is. I only pushed for about 7 seconds, that's how easy it was.

As you can see, I had a fun cheering section. I felt bad I wasn't much fun, my BP dropped drastically with the epidural. I did enjoy hearing them all talk and joke around. It makes the delivery so much faster when friends and family are there.

Here are the kids meeting their baby brother for the first time. Chloe sees him and calls out "Emerson!" I told her it was Cole, and she wasn't nearly as excited. She kept trying to grab him and hold him. She is not very gentle either. It's gonna be tough to keep her away from him once we get home. Luke and Ry were great. They both held him and helped him with his bottle while they were here.
I miss them and I usually can't stand being in the hospital, but I'm actually glad I had to stay an extra day this time. There is no way I could have handled them all today.

Not the best pic of him. I'll get some more tomorrow. He hasn't had eyes open much today. He is just perfect and I can't believe how much I love him already. I can't imagine not adding him to our family. My heart is full and I'm so thankful and feel like the luckiest person! We hope to go home tomorrow. Anyone who would like to visit is welcome!
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Jana Pace said...

Yay! So glad that he's here! He's soo cute & small, I love it! Congrats Mecham family!

Mikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
He is soooo precious.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

ahhh... congratulations!! he is so sweet. and wow look at that cheering section... that's great! glad to here everything went well!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is so tiny and so cute. I will call you so we can come visit!

. said...

YEAH!!! I have been wondering about you after your last post and am glad to hear that everything turned out well. What a precious, sweet baby you have...he'll be a great addition to your family. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Heather said...

Oh he is so cute and tiny!! Congrats!!!

Danielle said...

That is the coolest pic ever!!! We didn't get good ones with Josie. I can't wait to meet him! I am so happy for you and your family.

Wilcox Crew said...

He's a cutie! Congrats and welcome to life with 4 kids - it's the best:)

Anonymous said...

Awww... He is beautiful!! Is that ok to say about a boy? And you look great! I am glad everything went so smoothly! I cant wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

yay!! Congratulations. He is so sweet looking. I am so happy for you. Where was darren? You had some great company. I am glad you are doing so well, and that birth was so easy. You older kids are soo cute with him already. I'm so happy for you. I would come see you, but i"m not supposed to go to many places, and I have a boot cast on. :) can't believe your up and blogging already. :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! Now Dax and Cole have the same birthday:) Can't wait to see him!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!

The Foulgers said...

Congratulations on little Cole. He is adorable, and you know I love little boys!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! He is a little cute, I'm so glad everything went well.

Nicole said...

i go out of town and miss this!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YEAH, MECHAM 6!!!! one day since birth and you're already posting, you are awesome!

cole is adorable, and i'm green with envy about your labor/delivery. he's so tiny, i'm so glad the kids love him already... funny, our neighbor had her baby on that day too! :)

call me if i can help in some way. i know there's more distance now, but the offer still stands.

anna banana said...

Congratulations Missy! The older siblings look so proud!

Mandi A. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Im so happy for you (that he is here AND that your done being pregnant!)
He is beautiful and the other kids look so happy.

Hope you enjoyed your alone time at the hospital. I alwas loved that part...just you and the baby with no one else to take care of!

(There is another Mandi with an 'i'? Crazy!)

Aleisha said...

Congratulations! He is so cute and I am glad everything went well.
I wish I could see him in person.

Jilene said...

awesome! congrats. I'm glad things went well and that you are doing better. He's darling and I can't wait to see more pics! Congrats again!

Sheri said...

What a joy it was to see your little Cole come to this world.You are truley a champ! Thanks for having me at such a special time in your life.Love ya girl!

Cherine said...

Oh my gosh he is so stinken beautiful! I haven't check my blog in a long while. I can't believe you had him!!! WOW congrats girl!

Michelle said...

You look so good after just giving birth. Congrats! I'm glad he's healthy.