Friday, June 6, 2008

A Post dedicated to the one I love...


So, I know Father's Day is coming, this isn't the reason for the post. As I've been sitting here thinking about this being the end of my LAST pregnancy, I can't help but think of how crazy I am during and right after pregnancy. Poor Darren has had to put up with this for just about more than half of our marriage. I really just wanted to thank him for putting up with my crazy hormones, cravings and well just plain brattiness. I've thought of an instance per pregnancy... Of course it's funny now, not so at the time..

-When I was barely pregnant with Luke I was very indecisive about what I wanted for dinner one Saturday night. We spent hours driving around trying to find something that sounded good to me. We ended up at Chili's where I continued to be a bad date.
-Pregnant with Riley, I think I was a little more mild tempered. I craved soup in July though. Darren would voluntarily drive around town trying to find me some soup that I would eat. I think he went to Marie Callander's quite a few times.
-Right after Chloe was born, I was having a really difficult time trying to get my milk to dry up. Darren could have been found a few nights in a row at Walmart at midnight buying cabbage or some kind of concoction we found on the Internet to help me out.
-Last week there was a day the kids and I just needed to get out. It was getting close to time when Darren had to go to work so we had to find something to do quickly. Just like with eating, nothing sounded fun to me and I was just being stubborn and bratty at this point. He kept his cool, as he always does until he found something I could agree with. ( Sometimes I just wish he would lose it like I do.)

There has been so many "others" that I'm sure he and I have made ourselves forget. I'm sure he is as glad, if not more than me, that this chapter of our lives is about over.
Darren, thank you so much for putting up with me and taking such great care of all of us! I love ya tons!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Aleisha said...

I could also think of a lot of things Tyler has had to put up with me. This is a really nice blog. Oh thanks for the Happy Birthday.

Mandi A. said...

Awww...that was nice. I was NEVER that sympathetic!

Tracey said...

Wanted to say hello..(It's Tracey Swift)

You guys are so cute and so if your family.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that this is your last pregnancy. I want to be done with pregnancy for good (I will probably need to have a couple more though)!

Darren sounds like a great husband. It seems like you really appreciate him. That's good.

Danielle said...

I so remember that night at Chili's with Luke!! I think all women go through that!

Anonymous said...

What a great husband. You have been really blessed.

Kara said...

Hey Missy it's Kara Brinkerhoff. It sounds like you and I are a lot alike when we're pregnant. I'm sure a lot of people are. Isn't it funny what hormones do to us. Darren sounds like a wonderful husband, and your family is so cute!