Saturday, September 6, 2008

This week

A couple nights ago as we did our nightly check on the girls, this is how we found them. I could hear them in their room, but they never came out. Don't you just love Ry's unmatching jammies and Chloe's tiny one's. I swear they have decent ones.

Last night this is how I found them. They had switched to Chloe's bed. My heart just grows when I see them being nice to each other. I don't have a sister and never shared a room, so I just love that they have each other. Ry takes such great care of Chloe. She said that Chloe wanted to sleep with her. Riley also tucks Chloe in at nap time and sings songs to her.

Here are my little studs. I just love how Cole is looking at Luke.


This week wasn't too exciting. We're still getting used to the new school schedule...
Monday: It was nice to have a day off. We had a swim party at Kim and Kathy's. Darren went into work at 6pm. (overtime) We discovered the day before the Expedition's battery was toast. It was covered under warranty, but the dealership wasn't open till Tuesday. So every time we went somewhere , we had to jump it.
Tuesday: Crazy morning. Darren had 45 min. of sleep. Had to jump the truck, take the kids to school and get the truck to the dealership. Ry fussed a little at school drop off. I had an appt. with an orthopaedic for my knee at 8 am on the other side of town. I got done just in time to get Ry and swing by to get Darren and Chloe at car lot, truck still not done. Just as we get home with lunch they call and say it's ready. Poor Darren didn't get to bed till almost 2pm. Later that night he and I went to a jewelry training for me. He is such a good sport to go and on such little sleep.
Wednesday: Darren took kids to school again. Ry threw a mini tantrum at school drop off. I had another jewelry meeting. This time it was lunch at Cheesecake and without kids and husbands. It was nice. Went to the gym that evening.
Thursday: Ry throws a huge fit at drop off this morning. I had to pry her off the fence and push her in. All while holding Cole and making sure Chloe doesn't run off. Oh yeah, with sweat dripping down my face and back. I worry most of the day about this. She was never like this last year. I talk with her teacher, she makes it sound like no big deal, and tells Ry she can bring her blankie to class. Oh, no, don't think so. Went to gym when Luke got home from school. Had dinner picnic style in the living room. Darren ran to Walmart to do a little grocery shopping for me and to get Ry a little blankie to keep in her backpack.
Friday: Morning drop off goes a little better with the new blankie. She still was trying to think of reasons to whine. This child really makes me work! Laid low for a couple of hours, Chloe and I looked at Disneyland online. We are ready for a trip. Went to the gym and met Darren there after work. We had a date at the smoothie bar. Met Darren's parents at our house for dinner and to check out their new car.
Saturday: Went to the gym this morning. Class got started late. One of the ladies from the daycare had to get me to take Chloe out. She wasn't being any worse than usual. This lady drives me crazy. I feel like she is always tattling on my kids for just normal things. I doubt she has any kids of her own. (I know Chloe is a tough child, don't think I'm being a crazy mom!) I was gonna wash the car, but think I'll put it off for now. Chloe and Cole are both napping, I think I may have a little rest.
I just realized I never mention Luke all week. He's such an easy kid. He likes school and is doing well.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Mandi A. said...

Sounds like your getting the schedule down with four kids!

Amanda said...

I love that your girls are getting along so good!!! My heart just melt when I go into the kids' rooms at night while their sleeping. Funny that it takes them being asleep! Just kidding. Your boys are studs!!!

Nicole said...

poor riley, kylie misses her at preschool. i LOVE those pics of riley and chloe asleep... i didn't have a sister either, so i love seeing that sisterly bond too. good luck with riley next week in preschool, i'm sure she'll get used to it. (if not, COME BACK TO TATE... i just know she'd let riley back in!!!)

ps- chloe is not a hard kid, that gym lady's crazy.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a normal crazy week! Darren is such a big help! And Chloe... she will get better! Ilove how they sleep together! So cute!

Melody said...

I know!!?!?!? cant that gym lady just suck it up for one hour?? Thats ur time to be with you and get your sanity! I'd be mad too!

Cherine said...

You are a super busy superwoman mom! I think it is darling your girls get along!!!!

Mitch said...

Precious pictures. Your clan is growning so tall...a trait that does not come from the Lapp/Caliva sides of your family tree!

I hope all of you have a better week than last. Tell Ry not to worry. Chances are, many teachers start their day crying and hanging onto the fence before going into school! For sure the gym lady starts her day weeping and wailing all the way to work. Of course, I'd cry too if I fell off a broom on a daily basis!

Jen said...

Your kids are all so cute! That is so cute that Ry sings to Chole! Sounds like you have your hands full with all of them!!!

. said...

What an adorable family. It is always fun to check up on the kids and see how they are sleeping...it is amazing some of the positions they end up in!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable. It is nice to have a sister. I didn't know you didn't have a sister. you boys are pretty handsome also. Your husband is amazing. Mine would so not do that. Hope you get your schedules down.

Michelle said...

Thats's so good that you can still make it to the gym so often. I feel like my gym schedule is off with back to school craziness.