Friday, February 20, 2009

A bit about what's been going on

1. Luke was a stud in his new church clothes on Sunday. We did however retire Riley's short skirt. The girl is growing like a weed!

2. Darren and I got a treadmill as our anniversary/Valentine's present. I just love it and it is so convenient! The kids love it too! This boy is so fast. We have to take the key out of it and hide it high so they don't get on without us. I've run 9 miles so far this week and still have 4 to go tomorrow. Of course Darren can run faster and more miles than I can. Whatever, I'm the one who has been seriously training, working out eating well! I'll use my knees as the excuse!
3. We went to Riley's pre-k parent conference on Tuesday. They are going to let her go to Kindergarten every day starting next week to be put in a reading group. When her teacher told the K teacher about her they couldn't believe that a pre-k student was reading at such a high level! Way to go Ry! We are so proud and excited for her!


4. This is why I didn't want to get a puppy. This was a brand new box of tissues. I guess it could be worse... he hasn't ruined any furniture and he has been potty trained for a while now.
5. Chloe went to the Dr. last Thursday with a cough and right ear infection. Monday Cole went for the same thing. Guess who has a right ear ache and cough today?? Yep Riley... We go to the Dr. this afternoon. They just love me there!

6. We had Sheri's B-day GNO last night. I don't know why the pic didn't show up edited. I think I look like a dweeb in this pic, but it was 12:30 am in my defense! We had the best time!! We went to Cafe Rio for dinner. We ate some of my yummy mint brownies for dessert. Then we rushed to Old Navy minutes before they closed to take advantage of the kid and baby sale! ( They wouldn't give me my mom's discount cause she wasn't buying it as a gift) Still got lot's of cute summer stuff. We then went to see "He's just not that into you" I would not recommend it! Basically, it's goes against all we believe in with the sanctity of marriage and it had a lot of bad language. It was a great time! Happy B-day Sheri!
7. Last but not least. I found out this week that Cole is a momma's boy!! When the Dr. went at him with the stethoscope, he quickly turned and wrapped his arms around me. Oh, isn't that just the best feeling?!?
8. Oh yeah, On Tuesday night Darren and I got to go to the Temple. My friend Mikki and her Mom were taking out their endowments. It had been a while since we had been. It was such a nice experience and so great to be back! I am so proud of Mikki and her Mom!


10 comments:

Rachel said...

I look really fat in that picture. Even when the weight is falling off after a baby it doesn't fall off fast enough! It was a ton of fun, but the movie sucked!

Carol Swift said...

Such a fun looking group of friends!

Sheri said...

Thanks for a great night out. I had alot of fun. To bad the movie was so bad.Next time maybe we should shop more, ha ha.

Melody said...

CUte pic of the kids! Missy you will do great for the 13 mile marathon... I only ran up to 6 miles prior to it.. the day of it you'll have some much adrenaline.. itll go by super quick! Man dont go see that movie? My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow night to see it!!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

kids always look so funny running on the treadmill don't you think?

your GNO sounds like fun! well minus the movie.

Mandi A. said...

im so jealous of your treadmill!

Finish time prediction?
Well I am shooting for 2 hrs 15 min. That would shave about 20 min off my last run. Im hoping that I wont have to stop at the bathroom this time, and Im probably not going to wait for people this time, so I can see how fast I can really do it :o)

Im excited your doing it with me! Watch out though...it gets addicting!

The Foulgers said...

That is great you got a tredmill. We used to have one. Once we had more kids we had nowhere to put it, so we sold it. Hopefully you get lots of use out of it.
I'm Glad the GNO was fun except for the movie.
I'm jealous that you were able to go to the temple with Mikki. I would have loved to be there.

Nicole said...

i can't get past the whole you've ran 9 miles this week... holy crap. go you, i felt exhausted just reading it.

i'm super jealous i missed gno, looks like you all had a fun time!!!

Mikki said...

Wow! congrats to Riley on being such an awesome reader. That's just cool.
It was so nice to have you come to my endowment session. I felt so loved by the turnout that was there. Thanks so much for being a part of it!!!

MC Lewis said...

Well about that tissue paper....we dont need to worry about our dog doing that. We have to worry about Lana doing that with the toilet paper. Which she has done numerous times already.