Friday, May 8, 2009

This week so far...

I'm sure you are all sick of seeing our race post...
It's taken me a few days to get back into the swing of things.
On Tuesday: I forced myself to get on the treadmill, even though it was just to walk. I had to get those muscles going. Followed that with a little weight lifting. Darren ended up doing all of the laundry. I told him I celebrate the whole week of Mother's Day!!
We celebrated Cinco De Mayo with Matt and Heather. I made salsa and tortillas from scratch, while Darren grilled some Carne Asada.
It was great!
On Wednesday: I got on the treadmill and ran a little. My knees were still killing me. My muscles felt great though. Don't remember much else about the day. I did have to call my Dr. because over the last 2 weeks I have lost nearly all of my eyelashes. That was the last straw! I have noticed my nails are very brittle and won't grow and I have been bruising very easily. I can handle that, but the no eyelashes, come on! They want me to do blood work and won't give me the RX I found for the eyelashes. :(
Thursday: I had errands planned, but got an invite from Brittney to go to the Mission Park that has the cutest Pirate themed water features. It was such a blast. The Moms even got wet! I could tell Cole was starting to get a little snot nosed by the end of the visit.

He thinks he likes soda, even though he can't figure out how to get it.

These girls were cracking me up. They would not go in to get the ball.
I met some girls from the ward at Leatherby's after dinner.
Came home to finish a couple candy bar bouquets for the kids' teachers.



Friday: Got up to rush to school. Luke wanted me to walk him in and give his teacher he gift.
Notice Cole has green snot everywhere when he wakes up.
Do the school thing and call the Children's clinic.
Got my coupons in order for CVS and got ready.
Dr. says Cole has a sinus infection. He is like his Mama, I guess. I'm glad we caught it before it got to his ears.
Did CVS thing with all of the kids, big mistake.

Even though the kid can't breathe, he could still eat some cheeseburger. What a chunk!
Now I get to have a night out with some of my girls! I am so glad Darren is OK with honoring my idea of a Mother's day week!
We have some fun things to do tomorrow, look for a good post!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Darren said...

Week?

Darren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Mecham said...

How do you type the sound of a whip? sshhhwwooop.

Carol Swift said...

Insanity runs in my family, too, but I'm not getting up that early to run with a gazillion people. Actually, not to run at all! You need to get that blood work done, girl--losing eyelashes and bruising doesn't sound like fun.

jodie@eighteen25 said...

those teachers gifts turned out really cute...making me really want a snickers bar for breakfast!

fun night last night....but we always have fun!

Mandi Roth said...

What a week!! Love those pics of cole! I love your teacher gifts! They were great! I hope you had a great mother's day week!! Haha! And a good time out with friends! :)