Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend

-The weekend had a great start with a Temple session with some of the fam. Our nephew Steven was taking his endowments out for his upcoming mission to Washington.
It was so awesome and uplifting. We then went to Macayo's for a celebratory dinner.
-We have had our niece Eva sleep over the last several Friday nights so I can go for an early run on Saturday mornings. So that is how I started my 4th of July. A nice 8 mile run! I have improved my time quite a bit in the last month or so. It was so hot and humid though by the end at 7 am.
-The kids and I had planned on meeting some friends in Cedar City for the holiday, but last minute, we decided to stay home. We are moving this week, so I figured we better stay closer to home and get packed.

Here is a cute self timed photo of us before we headed out the door to celebrate at Uncle Kim's house. Cut my head off a little, but I still liked it. Darren was at work and met up with us later.

It was a small gathering compared to previous years. We were so excited the Coplin's came from Arizona this year. This was the only pic we got of Luke all day. He was so busy with Clay and Parker. They didn't even eat dinner till 11pm because they were so busy!

Riley wanted to be involved in the letting off of fireworks. Illegal ones I might add. I don't know where they came from ;) In years past, I might not have let this take place... It's amazing how much more laid back you become after having 4 kids.


She thinks she is a teenager, and the older cousins treat her as if she is. So she hung with Rachael most of the night.
Cole did so well. He was not afraid at all. He is a true Mecham! He kept trying to walk out to the street to help the guys out.
Luke was so busy with the guys, I really never saw him. I'm sure he did lots of fireworks.
Chloe was fine until we tried to get a picture of her. She was so over exhausted, so Aunt Machelle took her inside and let her watch Cinderella.
Cole and I joined her.
Darren hoped Ry would want to come in, but she stuck it out until the end.
Look at this cutie boy!!!
We stayed way too late and escaped when the dry ice bombs were being made.
I was such a fun time with the family though!

I already had a sub for my primary class, so we were bad and took advantage and got most of the house packed up yesterday. For those who don't know, we will be moving in with Darren's parents for a bit in hopes of getting a new house closer to the end of the year. Never a dull moment with us!!

11 comments:

Mandi A. said...

lol - luke looks thrilled in that first picture!

Sounds like a fun fun holiday. Alison keeps talking about teenagers ALL the time..and asking "is this what teenagers do?" its kinda driving me crazy!

The Foulgers said...

Sometimes staying home is the best thing, and it turned out you had a fun time.
I hope this move turns out to be a blessing for your family. Hopefully by the end of the year you'll be able to get your house. Good luck on the packing, that is the worst!:)

Russell Family said...

Wow, sounds like fun. Glad it went so well when Utah didn't work out.

Your time was great for 8 miles, I'm so jealous!

Mandi Roth said...

Fun 4th!! Glad you still had fun even if you didn't make it to Utah! Cute family picture with your head cut off. I still love your hair. so cute! Cole is getting so big and handsome.

The Bishop Family said...

missy you look so dang cute and skinny!! Dax has the same shirt as your boy!! Cute Cute

Nicole said...

glad to se that chloe was okay this year ;) i can't believe it's been a year since that happened. time flies.

MC Lewis said...

So where are you moving to? Back to the North?

Unknown said...

I can't believe how old Cole looks. Looks like fun. T

Cherine said...

Man I am so behind on blogging. First happy late 28 Birthday. It isn't a bad year right =)
Second I cannot believe how big the baby is getting. Time does fly. Thirdly good luck on the new home hunt. We are in the same boat here in Texas. We are looking and hopefully move into one soon!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

how fun!! I love your hair blonde so cute.

Tianna said...

You guys must be having a busy summer. I'm sure you are having lots of fun, hopefully inside! I don't think we have hit the 90's yet. That is one thing I don't miss.