Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surprise Disney trip

We decided to surprise the girls with a little Disneyland visit in honor of Chloe's B-day. We were torn, with Luke not being with us, but decided Darren and him will have their own boys trip where they can ride all the big rides!
Darren and I were so excited, it was really hard not to tell them. We got them up early and told the girls they were going to a new DR far away so they could get their shots. I'm not sure how this even got thought of and it was kind of mean of us.
We ended up getting really cheap tickets on Ebay for just one day. (this was tough for us, we are used to going at least 2 days)
I think Riley recognized some sights on the way, she kept saying, I want to go to Disneyland! Once she saw the Tower of Tower, they knew. They were so excited!
Luckily, Darren's brother Brett and his family was also there and we were able to spend the whole day with them.
Cole, Chloe and I got dropped of at the front of the park so we wouldn't have to deal with the tram. Chloe wanted to head to the Castle first thing! She was so funny with pictures. She would want pics of her and just random things. Then certain times, she wouldn't want me to take her pic at all.

At Sleeping Beauty's castle.
with Snow White

Handy Manny, or as she says it, Mandy Manny
She wanted me and Coco in this one. When Handy Manny put his hand on my back and touched Cole, he jumped like he was surprised that he moved. It was so dang funny!


It wouldn't be a Mecham trip without a churro picture.
Notice all of the strollers. Bridgett gets two free, and we ended up with an extra one too. Thank goodness! I forgot how tired the kids get when it is so hot outside.

You can tell, I spent most of the day with Chloe and Cole. It is so hard when the little ones can't ride the big rides. I even got quite talented with pushing two strollers at once. I loved seeing how excited they were though.

The kids were such troopers. We were non stop all day, on a day that started so darn early! We had so much fun with Brett and Bridgett and their kids! We ended the night with fireworks where Chloe fell asleep and then Fantasmic, which was not so Fantastic for us!
By the time we got to Cherise's house, all the kids were sound asleep and it was nearly midnight.
Such a great day though!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mandi A. said...

what a great birthday treat!
looks like a lot of fun :o)

The Foulgers said...

I love surprise trips, especially to Disneyland. It looks like you all had a lot of fun!
I can't believe Chloe is 3. You are really brave to go to Chuck E. Cheese, I swear that place is always busy.
Good luck on your next roadtrip!:)

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun surprise trip. I love that you guys do such fun things for your kids and they love it.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip. My parents used to get us up early and lie to us too. We were on to them after a few years, but we didn't complain any! Disneyland is the best!