Tuesday, September 8, 2009

our first family camping trip






Many of you know me well enough to know that this is just crazy of me to do... but, I guess it was just time to finally give in and take the whole fam camping! We left Saturday afternoon as soon as D got off of work. The kids were so excited and Ry wouldn't shut her mouth the whole way there, or the whole way back! Since we are rookies at this, we borrowed a tent and gathered up all the sleeping bags and chairs we could find.
I packed us up Saturday morning after my 8 mile run, which was a great one I might add. (I did it in 1 hour 16 min!) Which was not a good idea. I didn't recover properly so I did forget a few things. We have learned for next time I guess. My kids pants from last season we all so short too! They didn't seem to mind much though!
We got to the site at about 8pm, it was pretty cold and dark. We just sat around the fire for a bit and then headed to bed. It was a long night, not full of sleep. Luke and Ry's air mattress went flat. The dog wouldn't relax. Chloe slept with me, need I say more. Cole did pretty well in the pak n play, till Ry would cry and wake him up, and poor Darren ended up without a mattress. Both nights were pretty much the same. It was nice to be without the chaos of home and get to just hang out and play outside!

This is the most physical labor I have ever seen her do!




I thought this was too cute of Luke!





The boy ate rocks all weekend! I think maybe he has PICA< haha









This is how we bathed. Yes even the adults did. It was very refreshing!

Overall, we had a nice time! It is just exhausting to camp with so many little ones! I think it will be easier as they get older and get the hang of it all. It would also be nice to just have a camper! :)
We have done tons and tons of laundry and still have lots to do.

8 comments:

Heather said...

oh fun...we went for the first time in August..i just forgot to take any pictures. It is really hard to camp with 4 little ones. But the more you do it the better it gets. :)

The Foulgers said...

You are so brave. Roughing it to me is staying in a hotel!:) Glad you, or at least your kids had a fun time!:)

MC Lewis said...

Hey is that Panguitch Utah where my family usually goes? That spot looks oddly familiar.

Nicole said...

ditto jessica! i don't rough it very well, matthew saw you guys went camping and now he's determined to get me to go. chloe looks adorable! however i need showers. :)

Michelle said...

Such a fun weekend!! Too bad we didn't get to spend the whole weekend together. Maybe next time. Dax loves hanging out with all the girls:)

Leah said...

We love camping... I know it's tough but my kids love being out in nature dirty and all sugared up.haha Keep going, your kids will always remember the good times.

Sheri said...

I am so proud of you. I like camping, in a trailer. I love that Rylie was working hard. We nee dto set a date and all go camping. Just think now you are almost a pro at it.

Mitch said...

Hey, enjoy it while you can. It never gets easier...cleaner...or less fun!