Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We survived the first week!

It's going to take some adjusting, but I think we all did a great job with the first week of school! Saturday and Sunday we were all dragging from exhaustion.
Riley did better than I could have imagined in 1st grade! I am so glad I can talk to Mrs. Swinn every night to check up on how she did. There are a few things you can tell Ry is a little behind on, just from not ever going to Kinder, but once you teach her she gets it right away. She isn't used to so much homework either, I have to keep right on her, plus take care of the other 3 kids and prepare dinner. It's wearing on my patience a little. I know she will be fine once we get the hang of it all.
I was so proud of her first spelling test though!

I was a little worried about Luke and his class. He didn't really bring much work home or say they did much in class. This could just be part of being a little boy I realize. Thankfully, this week he has brought much more home and he has a regular homework packet with spelling words and all. I know he will do well. He is such a hard worker and so intelligent!

We got word that Chloe got into the rec center pre-school! We were all jumping for joy! We went to the preschool paper signing party and got to meet her new teacher, Mrs. Bridget and some new friends she will have in class. She can hardly wait for Sept. 15th to come! Luke and Ry liked going to pre-school, but never before cried to go like Chloe has. It has been so much fun getting to spend one on one time with her and Coco. They are my little buddies!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mandi A. said...

Riley is a superstar! I totally think you made the right choice for her...Al is no where near reay for spelling tests!

Your a great mama to all of them. I like how you have special concerns and joys for/with each one - just like a good mama should.

Tianna said...

So you are going to be down to 1 for a few hours a week. What are you going to do with yourself? Your kids are so old:)

. said...

It's been so fun seeing you and Darren this past week...it brought back many memories from high school. Awwww....those were the days!

The Foulgers said...

I'm so happy that you were able to get Chloe into the pre-school. I'm sure she was happy too. I remember how sad she was when you couldn't get in at first. Enjoy your little bit of freedom with Cole!:)

chad and sara said...

What days is Chloe going to preschool. My nephew is in ms. Bridgets class Tues and Thurs morning. He love her.