Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chritmas eve

My extended family has celebrated Christmas Eve together since before I was even born. My fondest memories are at my Aunt Kim's house eagerly awaiting the mom's kitchen clean up so we could open up our presents to and from each other.
Now though, we are all grown and I've adopted the holiday. We have decided to make a new tradition of eating at Applebees. (well, the last two years anyways-I've gotten so busy I would rather enjoy every one's company rather than cooking all day) It's nice to not have dishes and a mess in the kitchen.
Everyone was a little grumpy at the restaurant so we didn't take many pics.

We headed to our house after dinner for dessert and a few presents.


Darren made a yummy mud cake and we had ice cream with it.

The kids drew names and they shopped at the $1 store for each other. Cole got a little police man kit. Here he is in his chonies and cuffs. So cute!

The kids in their new jammies.


Mecham kids + our niece Hayden


Sprinkling the reindeer food on the lawn.


"Pa" read a bedtime Christmas story to everyone.
My Mom, Dad, Brother and niece all slept over that night. It was a full house but it was a lot of fun to have everyone there.

0 comments: