Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mesquite half marathon

A few fabulous girls and I traveled to Mesquite for a little half marathon and 10k. This was Rachelle and Kim's first half and Marlaina's first 10k.
We all got hardly any sleep the night before and wouldn't ya know the wind was blowing 35 miles an hour against us when we got to the start!! It was such a small race that the start line was very unorganized and we started super late. We still had fun people watching and chatting with other runners.
I had trained hard and was really hoping to get a time of 1:56. Unfortunately because of the weather I did not make it. I got 2:04. I was really bummed and just plain exhausted.

Getting ready to go.


Here were are afterwards with our medals. Even though I didn't do as well as I wanted I still had a great time. It was fun to share the other ladies' first experience.


I got this shirt hoping I would run faster. haha

0 comments: