Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The 3 amigo's running club

Luke and a couple friends signed up for football in the fall. Long story short- they couldn't get enough kids for a whole team and it was too late to get on another team. They were bummed but we decided to get them together every week to play sports. It quickly turned into running when we found out about this "ING kids rock" race. The kids are responsible for running 25.2 miles on their own ahead of time. They then get together in a race setting to finish the last mile making it a full marathon at 26.2 miles.
I think they all learned a lot and had a good time together. I think us parents had a good time with it as well.

At the start.

Luke at the finish. We lost him for a bit. Realized the kid dropped a glove and went back. He thought I'd be mad if he lost it. (it was only a $1) Made me sad and laugh all at the same time.

Ethan coming in.

Ethan, Bryan and Luke. Their medals were really cool guitars. Much nicer than most of mine.



Here's most of the fans.


We were crazy and all went to breakfast together afterwards. It was chaos and I'm sure the waitress hated us. But we had a great time!

4 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Fun updates. I loved seeing all the fun pictures.
If you're looking to better your time on the half marathon I'd love a running partner in crime. I'm running the Utah Valley half in June. You could wrangle up some of the ladies and crash at my place!:)

Missy said...

That would be tons of fun!
I actually got my PR in January at the St. George half...1:51
I'm very happy with that and doubt I will ever beat it.
I will see what I can work out for June though!

The Foulgers said...

That would be fun. Congrats on the PR, that is awesome! You can check out the race web site at www.runuv.com. No pressures, I just miss seeing all you girls.:)

boweiz said...

so cute.air max 90 femme like them.