Friday, March 11, 2011

Riley's 7th Birthday

December 9th Riley turned 7. She was happy to invite a few girlfriends over for a low key night. We had a "late over" instead of a sleepover. I think it's a lot for little girls to handle... I also think it's a lot for a mom of 3 other kids who's husband is at work also. haha
We had lots of snacks and treats and the girls did nails and make up and played some games. I could not believe how much food those little girls ate!
Of course Chloe got right into the mix and Cole annoyed the heck out of all of them.

Present time.

Nails and make up

I believe this was Simon Says- Riley was Simon

Cup cakes
She also had a little family party on the day of her birthday. We had grandparents over and I'm pretty sure I made dinner and cake, but I can't remember what I made her. So sad!
She went shopping with my mom and dad and picked out an outfit and a "Moxie" girl with hair accessories. She really loved being old enough to go pick her stuff out. Chloe can not wait for her birthday now.
Such a beautiful, sweet and tender-hearted girl.


I love the look on her face here.
I'm so glad our Riley Roo came to us 7 years ago! She has come such a long way from being the baby who cried and cried and cried, who had to be held all day long, that didn't sleep all night till she was 18months, who didnt have hair till she was 2, the defiant preschooler who would throw fits daily about her underwear and socks and shoes, who had to carry her blankie anywhere and everywhere. I never thought she would outgrow those things- and now she is such a nice girl who helps me out so much. She is the best big sister to Cole and sometimes to Chloe-haha-She can be so girly and such a tomboy at the same time. She has been nick named "stinky Pete" by some friends. She grosses me out daily, but I can always count on her to go shopping, get pedicures and is great at choosing an outfit for me when I need help.
Love you so much Rooster!!

0 comments: