Friday, March 11, 2011

Noni's visit to Las Vegas

Noni- is what we call my Grandpa. If you recall, my Mom, Cole and I went to visit him in Florida almost 2 years ago. We haven't seen him since then.
Several months ago, out of the blue, Chloe keeps telling us how much she misses Noni and that she wants him to visit. I just kind of blew her off. Darren hears her and decides that we should try and get him to Vegas. In the mean time- we find a picture of the last time Noni was here. Chloe was only 5 months old. She really does not remember him at all. Kind of freaked me out and we were very persistent in getting him here. My wonderful Aunt Kathy who takes care of Noni in Florida got it all set up for us. He was to arrive the day before his 93rd birthday and stay till the new year. He stayed with us at our home and my Mom also stayed here during his visit.
We of course had to throw a birthday party!
Doesn't he look great for 93? (Sorry Mom for the bad pic)

The kids loved to just hang out on the couch with him.

This was his last night with us. We wanted to make sure to get lots of pics with him.
It's getting hard for him to travel so we are pretty sure this is the last time we will see him. It was pretty sad and we didn't quite explain that to the kids.


Cole really loves him. They were such good buddies.






My Mom and Noni.

0 comments: