Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Cutest little patient ever

Chloe's little ear tube surgery was today. Is she not the cutest thing ever in that little gown? I wanted to take it home. She did so well and it was a success. She had a hard time with the fasting for 8 hours. She tried to grab the Dr.'s coffee when he came in to talk to us before the procedure. It was really quick, so she had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia. They said it was like having a bad hangover. The Dr. said there was more damage to the ears than he thought, but that she should do well. I'm so glad that it is done and hope she doesn't have as many infections.



Getting weighed! Still 20 lbs.

On the way home, she was out cold.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jamie carter said...

She looks so sweet?

What all do they have to do to put the tubes in?

jamie carter said...

Sorry, I know she looks so sweet, that wasn't supposed to be a question.

Missy said...

I guess they just put her out and put the tubes inside her ear canal. They are super tiny, they look like tiny blue rubber bands. Once their in her ears,they will drain like a normal person's, hopefully cutting down on the number of infections she gets. It's pretty gross to see the drainage though.

jodie@eighteen25 said...

Those pics make my heart melt. She looks way too tiny to be in a patient gown. No more of that!

Cherise said...

Oh my little Princess! I didn't know she was going in for the surgery! How is she doing? Give her lots of hugs and kiss' for me!

She looks just like Riley sleeping in the car seat! I'll call you later.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

She looks like a little doll in those first pictures.

Glad everything went well!

Kata said...

She is so cute! I am glad to hear she is back to her wild self!

Heather said...

Hey Missy ~ I'm happy to hear everything went good. Reading about Chloe reminded me of Treyson's surgery @ 4 months and the hardest part was the fasting. Babies don't understand why they can't eat. But what a releif..ear infection are so painful. Hope everythings going good.