Monday, September 10, 2007

A good night....

Tonight we had a really good FHE that my friend Sheri told me about. It was about Faith, Service and bearing one another's burdens. Bascially we were making rice krispie treats, but we had to find the ingredients in scriptures that were about service. It turned out pretty good, Riley lost interest at certain points and Chloe was just a bear, but Luke loved it. It's tough to do FHE when your kids are so young, but I'm glad we did it tonight. Bonus: It qualifies as a value experience in my personal progress book.




As part of the lesson, we brought some of the treats over to Darren's sister Machelle and her family and sang a primary song with them.


We then brought the kids home and my mom bathed them and put them to bed so we could go to our favorite place for dinner. I really needed to get out and eat without a 1 yr. old.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Your so good for doing FHE. Those treats look really yummy!!!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

Now that's my kind of FHE!!
good for you guys.

Heather said...

What a great idea for FHE. I'll have to try a simple version of that for Drew and Allie.

jodie@eighteen25 said...

Wish we lived down the street...we would've sang a primary song for Rice Krispy treats.