Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We're up and running (sort of)

We're finally back online. I don't think I've gone so long without a post! We are officially moved in, although not all the way set up, and I really don't care. I'm too tired and pregnant to be bothered. It has been a very stressful crazy week in which we would have never survived if it weren't for our awesome family and friends! I cannot say THANK YOU enough! Here's a little run down...

The last time at the old house. It was sad, but I had cleaned for so many hours I was just ready to get the heck out of there. I did cry in the car however. I can't believe I'm posting a picture of my BIG self and my kids are lookin' pretty white trash too. I don't think you realize how massive you are until you see a picture. We had planned on staying at my sis in law's for just a day or two while the paint and carpet was being done at the new place. To save you the drama, I'll just tell ya, we ended up staying for FIVE days!

Luke's last day of school. Another sad moment. Mrs. Fickle was great! He got to bring cookies to class and we got to do Muffins for Mom that morning. It was a nice way to end his time at Simmons.

Luke's first day at his new school. He has to wear a uniform. I got to walk him to his line and meet his new teacher and listen to the announcements with him. He was pretty nervous. The kids were nice to him right away though. He towers over most of them. He absolutely loved having lunch in the cafeteria. When I picked him up he told me it was a long day, but he liked it. I was pretty worried about him all day. It was weird not having to pick him up at 11:30.

Here's Riley Roo while I was unpacking yesterday morning. Her and Chloe both crashed at 10:30. It was nice for me, I got a lot done.

I got up and got moving early today. I've lost motivation pretty quickly though. I've been on the couch for a little while now and think I might just have a little nap.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Sheri said...

Well I am glad to see you are in your new home.It does suck because now we can't just up and leave when the kids are in bed to hang out. Target is going to be a lonely place now,ha ha.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

so glad you posted, i've been checking! i'm so glad you've made it there and are up and running. i can't say enough how impressed i am with luke, going full day, what a trooper!! (do you want a dog, check my blog) :) we miss you, kylie said riley hasn't been at preschool and she missed her. :)

Nicole said...

oh, and you SOOO don't look big :)

Tianna said...

So what is the new address? I was in town for the weekend but like you had lots going on. CE course, wedding, visiting and making dinner for Torrie. But we will be there in about 4 weeks.

Amber and Co. said...

Hey I'm glad you got moved into your new place. You look great, by the way!! You always look so cute and pretty!

Kata said...

welcome back! I have been waiting for an update. WE drove by your old house. Weird. That is a tough day with luke gone too.

Mandi A. said...

Luke is so stinkin cute! Im glad your all moved in now...take a break and just do a little at a time. If I wasn't so huge myself, Id come take your kids for a while, so you could rest. Sorry you have to do all this pregnant.
Hang in there girl!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

glad you are all settled. YOu look so cute prego. you will have to pics of the new house, so we can all see.

MC Lewis said...

Sounds like a very tiring week! Are you going to post pictures of the new place?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you do not look that huge! You are so cute! I want to see pics of the new place. Last year we moved in the middle of the year and Trace went from 1/2 day to full day also, it was hard on him at first but he adjusted really fast. If you need any help just let me know. And where are the pictures of the new place?

Nicole said...

I'm glad your a little settled in your new place. You are awesome making a big move when your pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Ohh i am so happy it is all over for you. you look really cute.. you really don't look big at all. I think your adorable!! Good luck with setting up the new place. If you need any help let me know... Where is the new place and i want to see pics.

Tianna said...

I am so jealous you did it so fast. I still have lots to do. Now you can focus on getting ready for the new baby. I'm happy to hear that Luke likes going all day. One less obstacle to overcome. Where is your mom these days?

Aleisha said...

I am glad your all moved in. I hope everything goes good for you. I am sure you've got to be so worn out. Moving is the worst.

. said...

Welcome back to the East Stake. I have said it before, and I will say it again, you are such a dang cute pregnant girl! Don't be so hard on yourself! Luke will love all-day kindergarten, and if he's anything like his parents, he will make friends super quick!

Mitch said...

Hello Mechams!
I've been very busy this past month... looks like you have too! I think that I like my kind of busy better than your kind of PAIN IN THE ----BUSY! Plus, we've had some nasty computer problems that have really taken the fun out of being online. I wonder if my computer infected me, I took 2 sick days last week!
Can you believe that Lauren graduates in 22 days? 12 school days left –OMGOODNESS!
We wish y'all could make it out for the commencement and celebration party. We miss you Mechams so much. Luke is sooo handsome. All day kindergarten is pretty cool. Starting him at the new school with a full day of activity will help with his transition into first grade. He's a resilient little man.
I can't get over how Riley was able to sleep in that uncomfortable position! I can't sleep sitting up, airplane rides are down-right painful!
Gotta run.
Love and kisses from Wisconsin.
Auntie M

Mikki said...

Happy Mother's Day Missy!!

Cherine said...

You look great! Glad you are all moved and life can go on!