Monday, July 7, 2008

Big owie

Caution: Graphic owie pictures.

Here's the burn pics day 3. It looks bad because of the scabbing, so I guess it looks good. I couldn't bring myself to take any pictures of her right when it happened, my stomach just hurt knowing how bad it was. She has been such a trooper. She keeps it wrapped and hasn't complained about it at all. She has been telling everyone we meet that she has an owie.


These are the blisters from where she grabbed the sparkler.



All I can say is, we will not ever have sparklers again!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Oh my gosh, is she ok? I think it is so crazy that happened to her. If you check out my 4th of July post, I was saying how scared I am of sparklers. I'm so sorry that happened, but it is a big wake up call for me!

the meyer fam said...

WOW, now I'm happy my kids are to scared of sparklers to even get near them let alone hold them. Hopefully it will heal quickly, poor thing!!!

Mandi said...

OMG! Now I know why my parents never let us have fireworks. All we did was sparklers this year (but not the metal ones - they aren't supposed to get as hot or something)

Poor kid, hope she heals fast!

Ariane said...

Oh no! Sparklers always make me so nervous. She sounds like such she is really handling this well though.

Erin & Marc Dudley said...

Do you ever just sit in a corner and cry?! You are SO amazing! You just keep plugging away no matter what trial comes your way. Your a great example;)

PS I would LOVE to help out where I can! If that means taking Chole for the day, night, or week just give me a call. Maybe she can help me with Girl's camp! LOL

Melissa Everett said...

Oh my goodness!!! You so have to read my story about sparklers!!! That is so crazy!!! I have always loved sparklers... but I was deprived!! Looks like she is all proud of her owie!!!

Sheri said...

That brings back terrible memories of Lacie burning her feet. Give Chloe a big hug for me. She is quite the trooper.

anna banana said...

That is too bad, and so scary, the Fourth of July is really such a dangerous holiday!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! That has got to hurt. I can't believe how bad that is from just sparklers.. Owie!! I'm so sorry! Good luck with the healing.

Kata said...

so sad, i burned my fingers too- at cleanup, I grabbed them to throw out, and whola... blistage! Poor girl!

the boyd family said...

oh my gosh, no sparklers ever again. i always hear of people getting burned, but never someone i know. i won't buy them for sure now... poor chloe! it just happens so quick, it looks like she's a trooper though.