Friday, September 26, 2008

My husband the HERO

Yesterday was one of those crummy mom days. (you all know what I mean) Darren got home from his 12 hour shift as I was just getting ready to leave. I had 2 different "girls" nights to attend. I felt a little guilty leaving, but I knew I needed to for my sanity. I had left with only homework being done. The kids hadn't been fed, Chloe was bouncing off the walls, 10 loads of clean laundry waiting to be folded, and dirty floors. (I obviously hadn't gotten much accomplished) Darren took them all to dinner, (after fixing our TV that Chloe had almost broken) got them all bathed and in bed, read with Luke and practiced his spelling words, folded and put away ALL of the laundry, vacuumed and mopped!! He was ironing the kids' clothes at midnight when I walked in.
Do you know how nice it felt to walk into a quiet clean house after the day I'd had? Let me tell you, I almost cried!
I really am the luckiest girl alive!!
Darren, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I love you! You are the best!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great husband you have. I probably would have cried. It was fun to see you last night. I wished we had more time to talk. Sorry you had a crazy day!!

Melody said...

That is awesome! we all have those days and it seems like whether we say it or not our husbands already know! Im glad you got to go out, it was well deserved Im sure!p.s.. where are your going out pictures??

Amber and Co. said...

Wow! I just had to comment about this, because that is incredible! To get that much accomplished on a normal day would be amazing and he did that after a 12 hr shift! Totally impressed! He must really love you guys!

Mandi A. said...

WoW! You DO have an amazing husband :o) Glad you got a nice night out.

Nicole said...

oh that's so awesome!!! that is amazing that he did ALL that (after a 12 hr shift!) holy cow!!!

ps- yesterday was a crummy mom day for me too. must've been something in the air.

Sheri said...

Score! Got to go out with your friends and came home to all of that. It doesn't get much better. Maybe Marc should read these blogs.

Mikki said...

Wow, talk about a SUPER HERO!! That's just awesome. Some days it's so hard to get anything done, I don't know what it is. So sweet of him to pitch in after his own long day. I'm glad that you got to get out--you definitely need that personl time to de-stress.

Carol Swift said...

This made me want to cry! He was always a cutie (just like you.) Does he hire out? I have some dirty floors and lots of laundry that could use his expertise! You are both so lucky to have each other.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Okay, I think I just fell in love with your husband! LOL What a good guy:) It was fun getting to hangout with you the other night!

Cherise said...

I think it was his OCD kicking in again! Tell him he needs to keep taking the medication! No, I'm just kidding! My brother has been raised around a ton of sisters, and can see the warning signs, and has been trained for these kinds of situations! I still think you made a good pick! Lucky. Can you have him call Mando, and maybe have him walk him through maybe mopping, or hanging and putting clothes away!!lol

The Foulgers said...

Wow, what an amazing guy! I'm so glad you were able to come play with us! I'm sorry that you had such a crazy day!

themechams said...

Wow! I am happy that Mecham men...mine and yours, know how to treat a girl!

. said...

What a sweetie, that is true love!

Ron said...

Why are all you ladies so surprised? He had a great young men's adviser! Ha. And, he works for Metro. All us metro men come through in times of crisis. Hope you don't mind me commenting here.

Cherine said...

What guy! So nice to get away!