Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend trip to Panguitch

We were invited by Darren's brother and his family to accompany them to their cabin in Panguitch, Utah for the weekend. We headed up on Friday night after Darren got off work. It was late and super cold when we arrived. When we got up the next morning the kids were so amused with the cows and horses that were in the meadow near the cabin. My kids and I are such city slickers.
We couldn't keep the kids indoors for very long.

They played on the swing set.

Played in the snow. (Luke and his cousin Jake.)

Rode 4 wheelers. ( Riley and Aunt Kathy.)

It snowed most of Sunday. Jake and Amanda made this snow man for my kids. They were so proud and my kids were so excited. Chloe just loved him! She kept singing the snow man song. The guys went shooting a few times also. No picture of that, sorry.
When we headed home it had stopped snowing, or so we thought. As we headed down Cedar Mountain it started snowing pretty heavily. We do not have 4 wheel drive nor do we own snow chains. There was a lot of snow sticking to the road and Darren has no experience driving in it. It was the scariest and longest drive down that mountain. We slid out of control a few times. I was so scared I was shaking. I was also praying the whole way. I was so relieved when we made it down. I was actually glad to see it was raining in Cedar instead of snowing.
It was a nice relaxing weekend. The kids had such a great time!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

sounds like fun. what a cute snowman. I know what you mean, I get scared coming down Cedar mountain when there isn't any snow, I can't even imagine how scary it was coming down with tons of snow. eeeek

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! I bet that was pretty scary, I would have been freaking out. Glad you made it safe.

themechams said...

SNOW!!!!Lucky!
C

Carol Swift said...

We had to drive through some really heavy snow from Provo to Cedar City after we had dropped Tracey off for her mission. Every time a truck went by, it would throw snow/ice/water on our windshield. I was so scared! On top of it, Lindsay and I had the worst case of the flu I have ever had.

Inspite of your scary drive, it looks like you had great fun in the snow. Glad you made it back safely!

. said...

How fun! Wish we had known you were up there, we were up near Duck Creek this weekend. It was so nice to get away! Glad you made it back safely.

Sarah Goodsell said...

Snow so jealous! Yes I'm doing pics if you're interested:)

Bonnie and John said...

It looks like you had a great time. I almost for got what snow looks like and that most everywhere else in the US has it this time of year. Sarah was reading the blogs with me and got very excited about your snowman so apparently we'll have to take a trip up north so we can try and build one too.