Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mecham fam update

We haven't done too much since Christmas. Just hangin around.
-Sunday after church we met up with Machelle's family at the cabin in Mt. Charleston. It was so cold and it was packed. We just ate yummy snacks, did a puzzle and watched some movies. We headed home at about 10 pm. It was fun!
-Monday Darren took all the kids with him to play B-ball so Amanda and I could go to the mall to make some exchanges. I ended up with some cute stuff from Express. I even got my first pair of skinny jeans!
-Tuesday Luke wasn't looking well so we took him to the Dr. We thought it was just a little cold, he ended up with bronchitis and a sinus infection. The kid never acts sick. We had him check Cole out since we were there. He had been a little snotty. Oh yeah, he has RSV. Don't freak, he said it was no biggie and to just let it run it's course. Good news, neither are contagious and just need some breathing treatments. Luke got a few meds also. I felt so bad that I didn't think there was anything wrong though.

Here they are getting their breathing treatments. We gave Chloe one too today, she sounded raspy this afternoon.

Grandma giving Cole his.
Chloe would only do it if I sat with her. Much easier than when she was younger!

-I tried to donate blood yesterday. My pulse was too high so they couldn't take it. What a bummer! I did get Penn and Teller tickets for trying though. I'm gonna try again next week if anyone would like to come with.
-The lady at United Blood services thought I looked like I was 20... I hear that I look younger than I am a lot, but 20?
-Amanda and I took our awesome body sculpt class yesterday and now we can barely pick our babies up today! It's a great feeling!
-We are getting ready for a New Year's Eve party at Machelle's tonight. It is the first one we've had Darren home with us for in a long time. It should be fun!
Have a safe and fun one!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Poor little babies! I hope they feel better soon. You do look 20! Have a Happy New Year!

Nicole said...

you totally do look 20! your poor kids, i hope they feel better (and don't give it to you and darren). oh and i'll bring the laptop sunday!!!

The Foulgers said...

Your poor family, I'm glad you caught it when you did. Like everyone else said you do look 20. Hope your guys are feeling better soon!

Mandi A. said...

when you said you took the boys to the doctor, I guess I just assumed it was a well check...sorry theu are sick.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

did any of the kids think the breathing treatment was fun? I would've enjoyed it as a child I think. Hope you had a fun New Year's Party. Adam and I went to one and had to leave 'cause some drugs showed up! So we had our celebration back at home! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Melody said...

Oh Im sorry to hear about your babies.. but dont let it eat at you.. you did a great job... you took them in, and now they are healing!! And hell yeah to the skinny jeans, they are comfortable and you will feel fabulous... and take the 20 year old comment, thats the best one to get! HAHA have a great new year!

Michelle said...

What part of Mt. Charleston is the cabin you went to? My Mom lives in Old Town (by the school and library). It seems like everyone knows each other uo there.