Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolutions

I've been thinking about this for the last week or two. There are a lot of things I need to work on this year. There is something about having a baby that throws me off my game, and I have to work on getting back to being myself for a good year or so after. Most of my goals have something to do with this.
Here is my list...

-be a better, nicer wife (I'm too much like Kate from John and Kate plus 8 right now)
-be a better, more fun Mom -spend one on one time with each kid
-work on a hobby/talent just for me
-be better with scripture study
-attend the Temple more often
-lose 5 more pounds
-run a half marathon
-not stress about having a perfectly kept home
-have a more positive attitude
-buy a home

11 comments:

Mandi A. said...

Ill help you with the half ;o) Maybe we can do another one together, if your knees will let you!

Im thinking about a triathlon now...probablem is I dont have a bike!

Carol Swift said...

I don't think I've ever kept a New Year's resolution! Maybe this year I will lose that 30 plus pounds and be nicer to my husband. Or not!

The Foulgers said...

I love your resolutions. I'm sure you are nothing like Kate. You are so cute! Good luck.

Melody said...

Nothing wrong with Kate.. she just likes to be in control.. and sometimes our men need that haha! no but really those are great resolutions! Good luck you can do it Missy!

Melody said...

and thank you.. I did not even think about bible books and stories!!!!!!

Ron said...

Contact me about the half marathon goal. I have "connections" and can get you & one buddy in free. (Mandi?) BUT, only if you get your brother in law, "Kim" :-) to get him and some of his buddies to ride as bike marshals on the route! A fun gig. Good Luck.

http://soswift2.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

i ditto those, seriously i'm kate too. don't feel badly- it's just my way is always the right way so why would we want to do anything different. i'm on board with those last 5 pounds, let me know what you're doing to get them off so i can do it too!

themechams said...

Ok I want to do the 1/2 marathon too. I keep saying I am going to but, you know.
:-)

Mandi Roth said...

Those are great Resolutions!! I need to add a few of those to my list!! ha!! thanks for sharing your list.

Mandi Roth said...

oh and good luck!! Let me know how it goes, and if i can help with anything... :)

Leland said...

Those are great resolutions! I can relate to being the controlling wife/mom like Kate. I'm trying to tell myself to just enjoy these times (even when Evan is acting up) and be more mellow instead of stressing over every little thing!