Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chloe: my accident prone child

Or is it just because she is into everything? Either way, she gave us a huge scare yesterday. She was playing dress-up and modeling in the tall mirror in Luke's room when I heard this horrendous sound. I came around the corner to see her standing in the middle of the broken mirror. I honestly don't even remember seeing the glass. I just swooped her up and took her to the sink to clean her up. At first I just saw cuts up and down her arms and a few little ones on her nose and cheek. She was screaming so loud I could barely hear to call Darren. After getting her arms sprayed of with water and rags put on I noticed a big gash on her side. This one freaked me out a little. ER and Grey's episode's flashed through my head but couldn't let her see me freak out. I even found out later that the text I sent Darren said "Emergency, call please." Who says please in an emergency? I guess I was being calmed by the holy ghost. As for Chloe, she is one lucky girl. My dad took the last pic of the glass later on when he came to clean up. I did not see that scene earlier. She really could've been in bad shape.
Once Darren raced home we did discover another cut on her toe that she was concerned about because she saw blood. We took her to Sunrise Hospital where we hung out for 5 hours.
When we finally got in the back, they put some cool gel on all of the cuts that numbed them up. Then the nurse came in and scrubbed all of them.
The doctor then butterfly stripped her arms, after cutting some dead skin off which was so nasty. He was able to use derma bond on her side wound along with some strips.
She was such a trooper! Here she is with her popsicle when we were all done.

When they put the hospital band on her wrist she asked what it said. I told her it said her name and birth date. She kept saying it said she wants a pink birthday party. Silly girl.






13 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Holy cow, how scary! I'm so glad that she is alright. I think you are amazing to be so calm in such a scary situation.

Unknown said...

That's so scary! I'm glad that she is okay. Good for you for being calm and quick when you were taking care of her!

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Oh MY stars! That is CRAZY scary! I think she is pretty lucky just have the injuries she had. Looks like it could have been much worse! I'm so glad she is doing good:)

PS Kudos to you for all your running! You are inspiring:)

Carol Swift said...

That last picture makes me want to take down all my mirrors! Scary! She's a lucky little girl and you are amazingly polite to have said "please" in your message. :o)

Mandi A. said...

just reading it gave me the chills! I guess every family has that one child...our is Ellie :o)

Anonymous said...

eeek! That's so scary! Those shards of glass seem to be right out of Kill Bill!

I'm glad she's better and got a purple popsicl! I think Anwen would do that just for the treat afterward!

Melody said...

omg! i would have freaked out! My Pres and your Chloe...are one in the same.. about 4 months ago.. Im getting dressed in the closet and Pres climbs my dresser and I hear a bang, I run out to see the dresser completely fallen over and she is under neath it! My heart fell into my feet as I lifted it up to see her underneath ! we too had to go to urgent care..so scary I am soo happy it turned out ok for you all.. they are adventurous ladies!

Nicole said...

i love how you think of grey's. poor girl, she's so funny though. what a trooper! thanks again for the help today... seems like i always rely on you to help me clean up :)

MC Lewis said...

Well its a good thing you knew how to stay calm. Me on the other hand, I am not sure I would have, but you also have 4 kids now. So maybe you are a pro at keeping calm!

Amber and Co. said...

Wow! I'm so glad she's okay. That last picture of the mirror is really scary! Way to go on being calm!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

Oh my heck!! that is scary. Jackson is the same way into everything, yesterday he smashed his finger in the door and that same morning dropped a bottle of V8 juice on his toe in the pantry, blood everywhere. just last week he was climbing the computer desk, fell and bit all the way through his tongue. it stresses me out. you did good to stay so calm.

Emilee said...

Yikes! That scares me because my little girl is the same way, she trips over her own feet. I know how the holy ghost can be there in those situations where you want to scream and freak out probably more then the child. Hopefully she heals ok. Not fun!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness that's so scary. I'm glad she's alright.