Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday night fun

My brother invited us to go to a little carnival last night. I was a little apprehensive at first. Most we have been to are cheesy, crowded and so expensive. I was pleasantly surprised that this one was on pavement, not busy and didn't cost to just get in. The food and tickets were still over priced, but hey, what do you expect!
The kids were so excited so this was the first ride they ran to.

Heather took the girls and Luke and Matt went together. We didn't get a pic of the boys.

The little roller coaster was next. Chloe was sitting next to Heather, you can't see her. She was so cute, she kept her arms up in the air the whole time.
Next we got some yummy corn dogs hoping they would warm us up a bit.
While eating we all got sucked into this scam...

After my Dad and Darren had several runs with no luck, the guy let us girls go for free. A couple of my grannie shots came close. I swear the rim is too small for the ball. It was so fun though!
We figured out in order to ride the ferris wheel we would have to buy more tickets, which would've cost like 18 bucks, so we opted for some cotton candy.
I know I'm a bad mom, I gave my 8 month old some. He sure did love it though. He is so funny because he knows I'm faster than him so he just sits there with his little mouth open.
The big kids went a little crazy! We had to tie the bag up and save it for later. Not the best treat right at bed time!
Luckily, they had no problems crashing when we got home!

4 comments:

Melody said...

awesome post! i need to find more things to do on a friday night that arent too crowded! It sounded like the kids had a blast!

Nicole said...

so fun! i bet cole LOVED that cotton candy!

. said...

Sounds like a blast! Was this one of the carnivals they set up in the parking lot for a weekend or so? I have seen them and been wanting to give it a try!

The Foulgers said...

Wow, you found a carnival that wasn't set up on dirt? I'd be all for that. You are always doing such fun things with your kids. I think it's great Cole got some cotton candy too!