Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Monday and Tuesday

Monday was Riley's date with Darren and me. We had been planning on going to Libby Lu, but found out it was closed. My soon to be sister in law, Heather, stepped up to the plate and saved the day! She does make up at the Benefit Cosmetics counter at Macy's. She was off, but came in just for Riley Roo.

Here is the beautiful princess. She picked out green eye shadow to match her outfit. Heather did a great kid make over! Ry also got her nails painted with $35 Chanel nail polish, was hand fed candy, and got a soda from Dad.

She had such a fun time being pampered! Heather is so good to us! Thanks again!! (side note: she is 17 weeks pregnant and you can hardly tell, she is just the tiniest thing!)
Ry then chose Olive Garden for lunch. She wanted to sit next to her Dad. She had lots of salad and a couple bread sticks and just a little bit of fettuccine.
After lunch we went and visited my Grandma who is in a rehabilitation center/ hospital. (She is OK.)
It was so nice to have some one on one time with Riley. She is such a big girl now and really loves to talk with us and have her own special time.
-We had to get Luke from school by the time we were done. Then we went home to pack up. Darren had surprised me the day before with a little spa trip in Mesquite. I have been needing a little break. We got everyone settled with my awesome Momma and headed out.
We checked in, had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant, went to Walmart and just laid in bed and rented Yes Man. It was a pretty dang funny movie. It was nice to just relax and not have to deal with kids' bed times. This morning we slept in and hung out before our massages. My back and neck have been in knots so it was just heavenly! After lunch and a shower I went back to the salon for a pedicure. We had to head home after that so I could get to my hair appointment.
-Got some much needed color and a new hair cut I found in a magazine while getting my pedi.
-Darren brought the kids in so Chloe and Ry could have their bangs trimmed.
-We ended up getting Cole a little trim too. Here's the pics off of Darren's phone.
I love his smooshed face. He was not so fond of the whole experience. He kept turning to look at Brittney and would give her a look.



Here's one of both of our new cuts. We have to train my bangs to stay and most of my makeup had been washed off so ignore me, but my boy is handsome!

So crazy long post and crazy couple of days. Thanks to Darren who is just the best! I was hesitant to leave yesterday, but I'm so glad we went. It was such a fun time! And thanks to my Mom for taking care of my monkeys and my house work!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good post! Thanks for sharing the last 2 days!

Melody said...

aww man Missy what a great surprise.. in a matter of two days.. you got the best pampering! Mesquite is where Sam and I escape to also..not too far away and not too close!! Both yours and Cole's hair are sooo cute!

Cherine said...

Your hair is really cute! It is nice to have a little time off from mom duty! (you deserve it you half marathon runnin super mom)!

Mandi Roth said...

What a dang sweet husband.. I would love that. I'm glad it was a nice break for you.

What a fun date with Riley. Love the make-up. Your soon to be sister in law did a great job. And she looks great for being PG.

Love the new hair cut. Looks great on you. Cole's is precious also!!

Shayla said...

Does anyone else get super jealous reading Missy's blog or is it just me? :)

Carol Swift said...

I'm jealous, too! Hair, nails, massage, and all without kids. You lucky dog! Your mom is a saint--just my personal opinion cuz I just love her! Your hair looks fabulous!

The Foulgers said...

What a fun post. I'm glad you got a fun surprise get-away. I love your new cut, it is super cute!

Nicole said...

i love that you do dates with your kids. that's so great! riley looks like a princess! that must have been so much fun for her.

Nicole said...

i love that you do dates with your kids. that's so great! riley looks like a princess! that must have been so much fun for her.

theberkabiles said...

Sounds like so much fun, I am so jealous. Love the new hair-doo!

Leland said...

Riley looks so cute! I hope I have a girl so I can do fun stuff like that with her.
Hope you guys had fun in Mesquite. We love going there. In fact...I think we're due for another getaway!!