Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So glad to be home

Yesterday was the final day. I loved loved getting to visit my grandpa, but was so ready to get home to Darren and the kids.
I got up and ran 5 miles and then came back to get packed and ready to go.
Cole was ready too.

We took a couple pics with Noni before we left.

He was so sad to see us go. Well mostly Cole I think. He really liked getting to meet him.
We had a long day of traveling. It was a little over an hour drive to the airport and then once we flew out, it was a 5 and a half hour flight.
Once again, Cole did really well on the plane.
He started this new game of tasting every cookie in his bowl and putting it back in. He is just so silly. It killed a good half hour!

I didn't get a picture, but when Cole saw Darren, it was just the cutest thing! He just kept hugging him and touching his face and laughing.
When I got to the house, the kids and Darren had gotten me flowers and made signs and put up balloons. Chloe wouldn't leave my side all night long. It was so great to be home!
Darren did such a great job while I was gone! Thanks to my mom- in law for helping out and to those friends that did also! I felt like they were in good hands.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

Such cute pictures!! I'm glad you got some. And i'm glad you had a fun and enjoyable trip. But it's always nice to come home. So sweet of Darren to get you flowers.

The Foulgers said...

There really is no place like home. That is fun that you got flowers, balloons and cute signs. I'm sure that made you feel really appreciated and missed!

We should be hanging out for quite a while at Town Square. If you get a minute, drop by. No pressure!

Carol Swift said...

Glad you're home! Thanks for sharing details of your trip. Your mom looks great!

Mikki said...

So glad you had a good trip and you made it home safe and sound. I am just imagining the happy reunion!

mindyandfamily said...

cole looks so big! i can see chloe just being clingy for a couple days!