Thursday, April 2, 2009

We are in Florida

Coco man and I survived his first plane trip. Well he has actually been on two different rides already. We stopped in New Mexico before we arrived in Orlando. He did really well on the plane. He didn't nap as much as I would've liked however. When we got off the plane several people commented on how they didn't even know there was a baby on board.

We drove the hour to my Grandpa's (Noni's) house from there and had dinner with him and my Aunt Cathy. We were so wiped by the time we got back to his house. The time change has been crazy! I texted Darren when I went to bed and told him to tell the kids I was going to bed before them for once. It was 7:30 Vegas time.
Cole and I got up and went for a 4 and a half mile run. The humidity is so miserable. I had sweat dripping in my eyes. I'm also not used to running in the different terrain while pushing the stroller. I felt like I had accomplished a lot!
A quick shower then off to "Jimmy's", my Noni's favorite place to eat breakfast. He is so cute! He knows everyone there as they do him and just talks about the place all the time. He gets the same thing every time and they just bring it right out to him. He doesn't even order.
Cole had a nap and then we went to see what we could find to do. We ended up at Ron John's in Cocoa Beach. It's a huge tourist spot and took lots of time.
We shopped at a few more places and had lunch.

After another little nap and some dinner that Noni made us, we went to show Nama the trail we had run on. Here it is. It's a walking park in the woods! We took a little walk to calm Cole down. He doesn't care for the humidity!
That brings us up to now. We are at Starbucks so we could use the computer.

I miss Darren and the other kids so much already! Luke was surprised and ended up getting 4 awards today! I can't believe I missed it... They were: Reading, Straight A's, PE and World Language. I got an honorable mention for helping in the class. Luke was so excited about the awards when I talked to him.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandi A. said...

that trail looks awesome to run on. I think my next race is going to be a trail race...just gotta figure out how to trainin the vegas heat!

Im glad your having fun on your trip!

Kathleen Mecham said...

I will check in on Darrin for you this week. I hated travelling with babies on planes, but Cole is so good natured, much better than that Kate nutcase with her nervous breakdown on the plane.

Nicole said...

seriously, the humidity back east is horrible. i don't miss that one bit! saw darren and the kids last night at soccer... i think he's holding the fort down pretty good.

jamie carter said...

i love those photos. especially the one with cole touching your grandpa's face.
sounds like you guys are having a great time. :)

Sheri said...

I bet your natural curls love it there. I could never live in a place that is humid. I will take the dry heat anyday. Looks like you are having a great time.

The Foulgers said...

What a fun trip! You are so awesome to keep up your running program even while you're on vacation. Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Kathleen Mecham said...

Missy, Darren is doing fine. Kathy and I went by and showed him how to use the can opener. We also explained to him that the fridge does not grow food, you actually have to buy it and put it in. Please hurry back.