Monday, May 25, 2009

Boys Trip

My big boys are in Escalante for the weekend. Luke has been itching to go for a long time. Darren and a couple of his brothers were going up to help plant a garden and do some other work around the house. Here are a few pics Darren has sent me.

He has been working hard and loving every minute of it.

I've been informed that boys weekend means no rules. I was a little scared when I saw him with the gun. Darren assures me that it was empty and he later helped him shoot a couple times for real.
Last night I guess Darren asked him if he wanted a hot dog , and he replied, "I think it is too late." Uncle Kim had to tell him that it was OK because it is a boys weekend.
I also got a picture of him drinking Pepsi... I will let it slide just for the weekend. :)


I thought this was a cool picture of the scenery.
I am glad they got to get away for a few days together. We miss our boys, but we will survive without them.
We are off to dinner tonight and then hoping to get pedicures tomorrow.

7 comments:

Mikki said...

Must have been a great time for them.
I love those kind of bonding weekends, they're so wonderful.

Carol Swift said...

Lucky boys to spend quality time with their dad!

jodie@eighteen25 said...

that picture of luke with the gun...makes me really nervous. if he sent you a picture of that, things must've got really crazy, like beyond eating a hot dog really late.

Kathleen Mecham said...

Missy.
We had so much fun, thanks for letting Darren and Luke go. Luke was so funny, but I swear that at the end of our boys weekend rules, I told him that the most important rule is that "no matter how tough we act or what we say, when we go home remember that none of it matters, because we are afraid of our wives. I have a whole weeks worth of pictures and stories from this week. P.S. Did Luke tell you he knows how to drive now:0)

. said...

Sounds like fun! It was great to see you and your cute family Sunday night - glad all is going well!

The Foulgers said...

You sound just like me! My kids never get to drink soda with caffine. The boys love root beer and anytime we go out to eat they always ask what kind of root beer is served. They know if we say Barqs they aren't allowed to drink it!:)

Mandi A. said...

he looks so content in that last picture...must have been a grea weekend :o)