Monday, May 18, 2009

update

I guess blogging has become more of a weekly thing for me lately. I really need to get my camera out more often.

-With the warm weather, we decided to go test out Kim/Ron's pool last Tuesday afternoon with the Swinn's. It was a little cool for my taste, but the kids didn't mind too much. We munched on some fruit and gold fish crackers. Then had some Cafe Rio for dinner. Fun night!
-Our little running group has been great!! I have made so many trips across town though in the last week. It stinks with the cost of gas right now. We have changed which Marathon we are running. We will be doing the Park City Half Marathon on August 22nd, if anyone is interested in joining us. It is on a Saturday!!!

-I see these cute chunky legs like this quite a bit these days. He is just into everything!! He has gotten so good at mimicking the kids lately too. Today we got him to hold the phone and say "hi". I'm not so fond of him copying the girls' squeals and screams though.

-Saturdays have gotten to be so busy for us. This past Saturday we had Luke and Ry's soccer games, (at different times of course), Ry's kinder registration, and a primary activity. I ended up waking up at 6 to get my run in. Needles to say, when we got home in the afternoon, it was nap time. The kids thought it would be so fun to all sleep in Luke's room together. I knew it would never happen, but gave them 30 minutes to calm down. Well, the dog ended up trying to sleep with them, and there was no way it was gonna happen after that. So we all just "rested" for a bit. I love that Darren works during the day now, but I really don't like having to be single soccer mom on Saturdays. (side note: #1 I don't like the dog on the bed, he thinks he owns it. #2 Luke has a pillow case, just couldn't get him to put in on after it was washed.)

-I got my blood test results back a few days ago. My thyroid is hyper active. Which I learned several years ago, but never really had symptoms that worried me enough to do anything about. I went in for more labs today. I guess we will discuss treatment some time this week.
-We had a family home evening tonight about families. A much needed one. The kids have been fighting like crazy. I think we have just given in to the chaos of having a big family lately. We set up new chore charts and schedules. I hope we can stick to it!
I have been wearing fake eyelashes when I go out. It totally stinks!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kathleen Mecham said...

Sorry about the water temp princess, just kidding, we like it when you guys come over, and it's too cold for me too.
Cole was funny to watch him trying to get out the door to be with the kids in the back yard.

The Foulgers said...

I've been horrible about updating my blog also. I don't know what it is, I feel so unmotivated!
I'm just jealous that it is even warm enough to swim. It's finally getting warm here.
I don't know if I'm up for running a half marathon, but I'd love to come up and cheer you on. Park City is only like 45 minutes away from me! Let me know as it gets closer!
Good luck with your Dr. appointment/tests.

Mandi A. said...

my hair was falling out, but my thyroid was hypo (underactive)

Good for you with your running! I am doing the valley of fire half in Nov and the vegas - either half or full, depending on how the training goes.

Mandi Roth said...

You have been a busy girl! I love the chubby legs. So cute! I can't believe your dog is so big. Good luck with the Thyroid, I hope you can get it under control.

Good Luck with the new chore charts and the running!

Nicole said...

love those chunky monkey thighs!

jodie@eighteen25 said...

k...i totally want to squeeze coles legs...so yummy! i love that boy!

and i'm dying to swim...tell ron, i won't even complain about the temp. you loose all princess tendencies while you are pregnant.

Melody said...

First off LOVE his legs.. I want to bite them!! Second off just learned about Hyeractive thyroid in my last semester.... much better than Hypo is all I have to say... but still being on pills always sucks!! ANd congrats on running still...you have something that is just for you and you need that with a big family that seems to take everything else!!LOL:)