Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Unfortunately, I still was not feeling well on my B-day. My girls really wanted to take me for a pedicure, but I ended up staying in bed most of the day. Not only was I sick, I was being a brat too. I guess I was just thinking, it's my party and I can cry if I want to!
Darren had gotten comped tickets to the show KA for that night. We went to the show and then had dinner at one of our fav spots, Maggiano's. It ended up being a nice evening, Thanks Darren!!

We let the kids sing to me and have cupcakes before we headed out for the night.
The following day I was feeling a lot better, so the girls, my Mom and I went for our pedis. They got their toes and fingers painted. This was Chloe's first time going to the salon, she was in Heaven.
I just love that my girls are getting old enough for us to have little outings like this! It was so nice!


The finished toes

That night Darren made me a mud cake. The girls insisted I wear the Princess Tiara for "my party."

I've noticed now that I am the BIG 28...
how easy it is to forget how old I am
how young high school kids seem
how my kids are always asking if I did such and such as a kid... and sometimes I don't remember
how stuff we wore as kids in the 80's are coming back
how I can't believe my 10 year reunion is here
some creases in my face
that I actually have to watch what I eat, and have to exercise
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

Happy Birthday!!! I was going to text you and than realized I don't have ur # ! Sorry you were sick but glad Ry got what she wanted for your birthday and got a pedicure:)

Danielle said...

Glad you had a good birthday! isn't it funny how we forget our age??!!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday! Man your young! I am turning 29 in Dec!! I agree with all those things on your list! The other day my nephew came up to me (hes 7) and said " DIDnt you use to watch ALF on tv with my mom when you guys were young?" I was like yup and he said man that was an OLD show his costume is so outdated!! I couldnt believe it! Life FLIES BY!

Mandi A. said...

happy irthday girl!!!
I have never taken my girls to the salon, maybe ill take them next weekend :o)

. said...

Happy Birthday! Knowing you are 28 makes me feel old!!!! Glad you are feeling better!

The Foulgers said...

Happy Birthday Missy! That is the worst feeling sick on your special day. Glad you got all the pampering you deserve.

Mandi Roth said...

Glad you had a Great Birthday! Totally stinks taht you were sick, glad you got to go do pedicures with your girls. Sounds like you had a nice night also.

Nicole said...

happy birthday! sorry, i missed it... i missed everything being out of town! love the tiara :)