Sunday, August 9, 2009

Escalante

We survived, just barely! No, it was a great trip. But ask me if I will go by myself with all 4 kids again, NO! It would have been OK if Cole hadn't gotten sick. Poor baby. It's the only time he has ever stayed up all night.
Luckily, I had Cherise with me!
I didn't get any pictures of the first day there, and I honestly don't even remember what we did that day! It's a lot of work up there for Moms, that is for dang sure! It is so worth it when you see your kids having such a blast with all of their cousins though!

Here is some of the cousins at the parade on Saturday morning.
I tried to map out a 10 mile run for me that day, but how funny, that the towns not big enough without going on the highway which doesn't have a bike lane! Then Cole got sick, so I skipped the whole thing anyways.

Rachel and my girls. Aren't they all just so beautiful? My girls idolize Rach. She is so good to them!

Smokey! Notice how wet the kids are from the fire trucks. You haven't seen a parade till you've been to Escalante!

This is Ceez and the forest ranger. It's a little family joke and I had to add it!!
Afterwards, the kids got to play at the carnival, run in a foot race and finished the night off with an awesome fireworks show! Darren pulled into town right before the fireworks, and boy was I glad to see him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

This looks like such a fun trip, glad darren finally showed up so you weren't alone. Too bad Cole got sick. that stinks. Looks like a fun time though.