Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Week

I guess I didn't do too well with the blogging this last week.
It doesn't help that my camera has been dead and the charger is one of the few things that are missing. I finally got to charge it at my Dad's yesterday.
So enjoy a couple pics from my phone.

Yeah, it is blue marker, and yes he did eat it. And, I know you're thinking it, he did have a pretty blueish, green diaper the next day!


Life with a 1 year old and a 3 year old is just funny some times. I have no control most days, it seems. You can tell I am seasoned, I just laughed when I saw him.

I just thought this one was too cute to leave out. He has been wearing Luke's unders to bed at night. Over the diaper, of course. He is just so proud of himself. That little smirk of his is soo Luke. It's almost like a time machine.
Here's what went on in the Mecham house this last week:
Monday: Kobie and Kavin hung out with us for the day. Darren took most of the kids to play b-ball, but returned home shortly after. They didn't have enough guys to play. Ry and I went to the gym with Amanda and kids. We were booted out shortly after arriving. Bentley got a little bit of his messy diaper on his shirt, and this is not allowed! hehe We ended up going to Costco. It was more fun!
Tuesday: We were lazy in the morning, kids watched Witch Mountain while we watched 17 Again. It was really cute. Chloe had a well check, no shots! She is one tall girl, 90th percentile.
We then went swimming at Uncle Kim's. Took Kavin home with us to sleep over. Took Chloe to Nama's house for sleep over. Took big kids to see Harry Potter. We all loved it. What a long day!
Wednesday: Kids played in the house most of the day, while I worked out and got house work done. Kavin left mid afternoon. Nama brought Chloe home, who was exhausted. We got in the car to head over to visit gma and gpa great. I couldn't even make it to the freeway without pulling into MCD's for a rest stop. My stomach had not been happy most of the day. Chloe threw a huge temper tantrum so we went home where she crashed. Made a nice healthy dinner and planned on mtg. the fam for dessert at BJ's. Chloe once again prevented that from happening. My stomach continued to be crazy. Had awful pain that was worse than any of my labors. Darren gave me a blessing and got me acid reducer, but nothing helped. My hands and feet cramped up and I was ghost white and all sweaty. We ended up in the ER for the night. Some morphine and Zofran helped. Not sure what it was, they think gallbladder or a tear in my stomach lining. Will need to go for more tests!
Thursday: Didn't get home from ER till 4:30 am. Cole got up for a diaper at 5, and then went back to bed till 10:30. The other kids also slept in late. How nice of them!! I was just wiped! We laid around all day. Took a nap in the afternoon. Had some soup and corn bread from Marie Callander's for dinner.
Friday: One on those days, where there just isn't enough hours in the day. Got my workout in and did some more house work. Kids played, did some school work, and watched movies. When Darren got home we headed for the Melton's where the kids stayed with a sitter. We met the Swinn's and Kundanani's at Maggiano's for dinner. They are having a special and we all love going there! Walked on the strip for bit afterward. It was a great evening!
Saturday: Got on computer bright and early to register Chloe for the rec center pre-k. Withing 30 seconds all 17 spots were filled and we were 6th on the waiting list. I was so bummed, so was Chloe. I had to do my run on the treadmill. Could only do 6 of the 8 miles because Chloe had to be in the room with me and we had to watch Handy Manny. It doesn't matter how early I get up to run, the kids always wake up and want to be right there with me. Once we got house work done and naps taken we went to visit my fam at gma and gpa great's house. Cole is a terror over there and broke a nick nack and tried to break many more! Darren met up with us when he got off work. It was nice to see our fam from Wisconsin we don't get to see often!
Today: Late to church as always. Had a nice sharing time and good lesson in primary. Riley actually sang in sharing time! Cole and Darren wandered the halls for 2 hrs. Made BLT's for dinner and chocolate oatmeal cookies for dessert. I ate way too many!
So we are thinking about doing joy school for Chloe once or twice a week. If anyone is commited to doing it with us, let me know. I don't know what to do with her. It is so tough not living near everyone.

6 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

WOW girl what a week. I hope you are feeling better, and get to the doctor so they can figure out what's going on with you. Let me know. If it's gallbladder i feel your pain, at least that's what they think it is. haha! we'll see right? That's too funny of your little cole! I probably would have freaked, but it is funny! I still want to try maggiano's. Sounds delish. Glad you got to go out.

Sheri said...

I had no idea you were at the er. Hope you are feeling better and all the testing comes out alright. Never a dull moment at your house. I guess none of your kids were at the doctors, so you had to, he he. You better always have health insurance.

Melody said...

hope you are feeling better! on a side note .. do you want to adopt? I love BLTS and chocolate homemade cookies.. I would not bother you while you are on the treadmill and I will promise to stay away from blue markers.. I cant say the same for those pink ones though.. they taste just like watermelon. ok just think about it and hit me up on when I can move in.

Mandi A. said...

OMG - that pic of Cole with the blue face is priceless!

Im using A Beka for Ellie...it's what she will use in Kindergarten, so it made sense to use the same thing. Ive heard great things about Joy school though. 2 other ones that i really liked were sonlight and my fathers world...in case you were looking for others to compare :o)

See ya sat

The Foulgers said...

Oh, my goodness! Your week was crazy!
I hope that you're feeling better, it's always the worst when they can't tell you whats wrong. Keep us posted.
Cole is a holy terror. I LOVE the blue marker pictures. I feel your pain, Owen was a super busy toddler as well.
Good luck with the whole joy school thing. I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Mikki said...

My goodness! You are so busy, busy, busy!! It's amazing you find any time at all to blog!
Glad you're feeling better, hope the tests go well.