Sunday, November 8, 2009

Running update

(Me and my little wanna be runner in her undies) She swears she's gonna run with me when she's older, and I can't wait to have her as my partner!

So, I am officially signed up for the LV full marathon!
Got a new running outfit and a new hydration belt too. :)
Yesterday Mandi and I ran 18 miles for the second Saturday in a row. It was the toughest run I have ever had! We were hoping to do 20, so we were quite disappointed when we weren't able to do it. I think our bodies are just so exhausted from all of the training! The last few Saturdays have been so rough. It's hard to come home from a long run and try to get recovered plus still be a mom of 4. Not to mention, the sore, sore muscles and tired body. I am so grateful to my in laws for taking care of the kiddies while I am gone in the morning.
But, only 4 more weeks and we will be accomplishing a huge feat!
I am glad to report that I have not had any toenails fall off in several months, and my knees have been pretty good, so I can't complain! I have taken several Ibuprofen in the last few months, however.

Totally unrelated....
I had to post a pic of the lovely bruise left from the fall I had at the park in Utah. I wish the pic did it justice. It however, doesn't hurt as badly as it looks.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole said...

yikes girl... that looks AWFUL!

Jen said...

Your amazing! Just keep the finish line in mind all the time!

Sheri said...

Your such a champ. When I grow up I want to be just like you,lol!

Melody said...

WOOWOOO... what a great milestone in your life!!! SOO proud of you and I know youll kick butt in that marathon!!!

The Foulgers said...

That is so awesome. I'm super excited for you! I know you'll do great!:)

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

I LOVE the new outfit! :)